Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Been rotating my people out and running lots of missions, but not doing bosses and my whole roster is now almost over leveled to take them on. Been sending in trash comps because they're the only characters I have lower than level three, but so far I've been lucky. Game's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

The curse really isn't that bad. Being able to drop a 25% damage buff on my Hellions and Bounty Hunters is dope. :black101:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Digirat posted:

No, having someone refuse heals or literally stun teammates at a critical moment is pretty loving bad.

Yeah that's fair, I find that to be pretty annoying but I haven't lost anyone to it yet. So far the only party I've taken into the courtyard has a Man at Arms in slot four constantly screaming to dodge every fight so even if someone is really feelin' themselves and decline a heal they rarely die because of it.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Huh, well, I wasn't using Jesters properly to begin with so that doesn't bother me that much gat drat, blood only stacks at six now? :cmon:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Soothing Vapors posted:

blood stacking at 6 is getting instamodded

Agreed, I I saw people adjusting the CC infection rate and smugly chuckled to myself, but this is a bridge too far.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I'm still adjusting to all these "new" extra bosses. How am I supposed to beat the Brigand 8 Pounder?

Make sure to prioritize killing the dude with the lighter. If you kill all the humans, the only move the cannon will do will be to spawn more of them. So you can usually kill them off and get at least one hit off on the cannon itself. If you can't kill all the dudes in one turn, make sure you go after the dude who actually lights the cannon because the cannon's attack is gnarly.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

So uh, what the gently caress are you supposed to do against the Shrieker? I sent my level 5s to get back my trinkets and didn't know what to expect since I'd never fought it before. Well it brought 3 of my characters to death's door with crit pecks from full HP. One of them failed the bleed check and passed away, my first death of the campaign. I got it down to half HP through pure luck since it could of easily killed my party but then it flew away or some poo poo.

What the hell, that was my only Houndmaster :saddowns:

I've fought the shrieker twice, both times with level 3-4 people. Couldn't say I did anything in particular, the bird itself has pretty high dodge so an occultist isn't a bad idea to debuff it. Both times I just pretty much ignored the bird and killed the nest. A few turns later the bird flew off and it counted as a victory. :shrug:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Panfilo posted:

I'm surprised Mark abilities aren't one use permanent deals. It would make them great vs bosses, especially since there are several trinkets that specifically give bonuses vs marked targets.

They're still great against bosses if you build a party around it.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Panfilo posted:

No doubt, but they expire faster vs multi action bosses. For a boss that takes 3 actions a round that means it'll wear off in one turn :(

Yeah, Baron specifically? I haven't beat him yet but I'm still pondering how I want to tackle him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Absolutely you want bleeds. You should be bringing along a Plague Doctor with battlefield medicine anyway, but the Baron feels specifically designed to maximize the effectiveness of the Flagellant.

Your party would probably look something like Vestal/Highwayman/Plague Doctor/Flagellant. Set up Riposte on the Highwayman and start opening some veins.

First time I went in was with a man at arms in 4th slot which didn't end up paying off. Seems like you need to be able to eliminate the eggs quickly to get heals back up.