Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

Bogart posted:

Now, like me, you are a part of this place.

Homestar Runner Presents: Derpest Dungeon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

Chainsawdomy posted:

I just found out about Backer Heroes and Trinkets, but when I open the prompt to enter a name, all my keystrokes appear as a sort of stylized 'J' and it returns 'Invalid Hero'. Have they been disabled, or is this maybe a mod interaction screwing things up?

For me it was all lowercase fff. Closing and restarting fixed it.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

AppleDan posted:

One again I love losing vestals to a volley of 12 DMG spider spitting in a single turn

Spiders are no joke.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Watching streams of PVP and it's less stable than an MMO launch. 75% of games have ended in disconnects.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Watching streams and love what I am seeing. Only minor complaint is that the old corpses were better looking (tho poor, sad hound will not be missed.)

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
From Twitch stream with devs (I missed alot of the start) : patch this week.

Random: Collector probably in soon ™. Antiquarian encounter has higher chance if you have lotsa trinkets. Schrödinger's hound (they won't commit to info about new/old characters except a broad yes with no specifics.) Relationships will continue to be tuned (but they think it's funny cuz ppl in love are annoying.) Want to reduce noise but still have memorable random moments. They are monitoring feedback in their discord channel. Hope progression guesstimate was 50 = 100 hours. They are proud that you unlock bad things. Creates a more diverse and interesting game ecoverse that evolves over time.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Has anyone played the Darkest Dungeon 1 overhaul mod Black Reliquary?

Marbozir seems to love it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWjIFkMc_6o

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
New final fight is great. Gorgeous visuals of course, but also mechanically interesting and thematically satisfying. I like that the early access boss fights both do and don't prepare you.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
The whole metaprogression gating character abilities seems to make almost everyone's first impressions come off bad. Same with some of the trinkets opening up whole new ways to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Darkest Dungeon II - New FREE Game Mode 'Kingdoms' Coming in 2024

quote:

“The Light of victory casts a long shadow…”

Introducing Kingdoms - a FREE stand alone campaign game mode coming to Darkest Dungeon II later this year.

Protect and nurture your Kingdom by defending safe havens and purging dangerous environments of insidious threats.

Upgrade Inns to bolster defenses, embark on unique quest lines, and fight back against 3 new factions - The Coven, Beastmen and Crimson Courtiers.

We’ll be releasing more information on this free update in the coming months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkTnnAJjJrA