Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

grrarg posted:

I am glad to read the positive reactions. I did not back the Kickstarter since it seemed more about marketing and glorified pre-orders instead of funding a project that would not exist otherwise. Might pick up the Early Access version next week since they have said the final version will not be cheaper, barring sales.
Maybe I'm jaded, but I think I kinda prefer these Kickstarters. IIRC FTL was already almost done, right? They just wanted some music and if they got the funding to make the game a little better, then awesome. These Kickstarters seem less likely to fail or be hugely late.

Though maybe it's not in the exact spirit of Kickstarter.

edit: Got in at the $40ish level so I'll be playing tonight. Looks awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I have no idea what to upgrade first. I guess I'll just click on stuff? :P

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Xmas Dumpster Fire posted:

Saw this being played on GiantBomb last night and it looks fantastic, and ill be buying it on release day. A question I have, what are you working towards, what exactly is the end-game?
Holy poo poo, Brad. Why is your Highwayman in front of your Hellion!?

MotU posted:

What tiers give the exclusive class anyways? I backed at 95$ but I don't even remember what I get
$40 and up.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1460250988/darkest-dungeon-by-red-hook-studios

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

You could hang out in streams where they're doing key giveaways!

Or I guess you could make friends with someone who backed it and got an extra key or two for it.

That's the best I have, sorry.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Are they letting their torches go down or are they bringing the heroes in at high stress levels already?

Or are they just getting unlucky in fights?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I think the ability for streamers to name their characters after people in the chat (subs, whatever) helps a game on the streaming front. Also, when it's this kind of game where you find yourself yelling, "What are you doing!? Your party has been out of order for two rooms now!" or, "Of course your party is freaking out, the light level is at 30%!" at the screen.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I know for some games (Nuclear Throne?) you can buy the game through Twitch. Is that in trial or can any game sign up for that?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I avoided that dilemma by kickstarting it. :D

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

And they managed to work through some problems with the launch without threatening the life of Gabe or, as far as I can tell, anyone who works at Valve.

Yay!

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

paranoid randroid posted:

That's what you get for picking up any old book off the street, you rake.

Better that than pig-boy vomit, I gotta say.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Entire Party Stress -10
One companion Stress +40

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Accidentally embarked in a medium Room Battle mission without torches. Finished it in like 3 rooms feeling pretty bad rear end about myself. Then I forgot to camp to remove stress! Grrr.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Can you lose at Rogue Legacy? There's another game that has disposable heroes and a town-leveling mechanic. I haven't played enough though to know if there's a way to lose.

Edit: question answered while I wrote it!

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Last "week" there two for sale at the same time and I could only afford one.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

A lot of Steam launches have a 10-15% discount sale to go with them.

New survey out for backers where we get to vote on what kind of dog the Houndmaster has. Check your email.

(No Corgi, unfortunately)

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I've read a lot of people complain that the game is too easy because there's no real way to lose, but a game with saves that is "loseable" essentially works out to the same thing, right? I guess there's the issue of farming gold forever with free heroes though, so you can just keep upgrading everyone.

Interested to play the Houndmaster when that comes out. Did we ever find out what dog they're going with?

(Can we have dog armour DLC?)

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Not sure if you just missed it, but the last big update with corpses and the Houndmaster was almost exactly a month ago. They're been pretty consistent with their communication, I think.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I understood that to apply for the final mission only, but it's early yet, so we'll see.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Each dungeon has items that are more important. Herbs for warrens, bandages for weald, holy water for...? I haven't played in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Wait until you hear about Final Fantasy.