Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It'd be cool if stress spirals could have much rarer reverse situations where there's a stress removal spiral -- like everyone on death's door, and one max-stress character has a superheroic moment that inspires the others with huge stress removal that keeps going as long as you don't die, or something similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Shame there isn't some campfire action or very risky class-based in-combat action to just pull a "GET IT TOGETHER MAN" and outright backhand/shake an offending party member into behaving themselves for the rest of a fight.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Firstborn posted:

There's a couple of risky campfire actions that do a great thing but have a chance to backfire, or do a great thing to themselves but gently caress up everyone else. Like the Leper taking off his mask to relieve stress freaks everybody else right the gently caress out. Or when the Hellion decides to make fun of Not-Jesus for the evening to wind down and your other dudes get all pissed off.

Also, the Man-At-Arms class looks like the concept art for "War Hero". He might have some kind of inspiring buff (or Commissar-like beating) or something.

I meant less stress reduction, and more a panic button for when stress is maxed and someone gets a seriously lovely bad trait like Selfish.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I'm glad for no Wizard, and instead you get Cultist.I love how the character classes are all sort of atypical or outright weird. Like Leper. You wouldn't really think of that as a class, but it has really strong themes and aesthetics. You don't get Knights, you get Crusaders. No Thieves or Rogues, but more coarse things like Highwayman and Grave Robber. It's nice since it feels like an eclectic mix of roles that would end up having diverse and violent experiences, and so would logically be seeking glory or fortune by risking sanity in such a nasty place.

I wonder if the funds from the EA sale will allow them to enter more previously planned features, like color customization and town events. This game could go from excellent to amazing with a few years worth of post-release updates.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

TheBlandName posted:

The game already has that. It's the little white flag that says "retreat" or "abandon quest" or something like that.

On the other hand stress reduction IS closer to what you want, because if you reduce an afflicted character's stress to 0 within the dungeon they lose the affliction.

I meant something more temporary and risky. Like you're in the middle of the boss battle and you're close to winning, but someone panicked and got a nasty trait that's going to blow the whole fight and panic spiral everyone else. So this power would try to smack sense into them so they stop going crazy for JUST that fight without having to struggle to somehow drain a 100 Stress before everyone else flips out, but it wouldn't permanently remove the affliction.