Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I do wish that there was more to the town management in this game, because it feels like there's going to be one correct way to go about upgrading everything and not something you'll really have to consider from run to run like the base in XCOM. I think they should come up with a secondary use for the emblems you get from dungeons so you have to choose between short term benefits versus long term upgrades to your town. That would probably fit better into an ironman, time-imperative mode of the game, though.

edit: How would people feel about emblems being used for skill purchases instead of gold?

house of the dad fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Feb 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

TheBlandName posted:

Ehhh. There really isn't one correct way to go about upgrading your base, though. When you're flush with gold you can upgrade tall, focusing on your blacksmith and adventurer's guild levels and MAAAAYBE upgrading a de-stress option. When your gold is tight you need to focus on decreasing costs as much as possible, going after the stagecoach and hard into -gold cost upgrades. And what your situation is can change after a couple runs that just don't work like the rest have. I rushed the Necromancer (not apprentice, the legit one) at week 13 to pursue a big payday and had to bench my A-team worth 30-40k gold because of it. The HP boost his minions got was just enough where I had to clear them with my Crusader instead of my Grave Robber, and I could see I wasn't winning the stress vs damage race. When my first character hit 100 stress and went paranoid I bailed, because I wouldn't be able to heal her 100% of the time. Now my back-up teams are stuck exploring the Weald which barely provides any cash at all, even in total darkness. I even had to retreat from a short mission because 12 food wasn't enough, I hit 4 hunger events in as many rooms because I had to backtrack.

I think my problem is more that I don't feel like I have to make difficult choices in how I upgrade my town due to the separation of gold and emblems. Currently emblems are this kind of nebulous currency that you slowly collect over time and don't really need to think about much. You can target the specific kinds that you need but you're never really in a bind for lacking them. I'd just like to see some more impactful upgrades than -10% gold cost and things like that, because those are pretty boring in general. Make me choose between a lobotomizer and a shock therapy machine in the sanitarium. Right now the town upgrades feel more in line with something you'd see in a flash game. I still really, really like this game in its current state, but the town stuff is a weak aspect for me.

house of the dad fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 4, 2015

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I don't understand why people are so crabby about some of us wanting an optional fail state mode. I like this kind of game to have an imperative and the chance to start over from absolute zero. :shrug: I put about ten hours into it and stopped because, until it's completed, there's no reason for me to play the same content over and over with no possibility of game over.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I don't understand that comparison. You can't grind easy missions forever to replace lost soldiers in XCOM. It was actually way more heart-wrenching to lose a captain because you didn't have a grindable way to groom a new one.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I like this bad game

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Just going to be frankenstein. Color swaps will be funkenstein, young frankenstein, and kramer

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Made 14k gold off of my first medium length dungeon. Ran into the secret room and the loving Collector.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Really enjoying release. Still hoping someone will make a mode that pushes the game along like XCOM instead of letting you grind endlessly forever.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Bloodly posted:

New Game+ mode, unlocked after beating the game once. Adds 91-week time limit, toughens enemies, blocks the options modifying game elements(Like corpses).

Fuuuuck this is the mode I really want to be playing but I don't know if I'll really want to play through the game after beating it once. Anyone know if there's a flag in the .ini I can change so I can access NG+ off the bat?

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I think the only thing I could really ask for now is an option to speed through battle animations.

edit: Also a hotkey to alternate between map and backpack view

house of the dad fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jan 26, 2016

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

SomeIdiot posted:

Try hitting tab, bud!
No dice on the first bit tho.

Why isn't that on the control page :eng99:. Thanks.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Anyone else having an annoying thing where clicking the lower half of a button doesn't seem to do anything? It's really noticeable when I'm trying to equip trinkets and right clicking the lower half of a character portrait won't pull up the character page.

house of the dad fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jan 26, 2016

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Sephyr posted:

How often do you set your frequency for town events? Starting a new game, so haven't gotten any yet. How often do they usually fire?

I have it set on default and it seems like you get one about once every three outings.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Should just be called RNG Tempter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Did the hotfix gently caress up blood drops? I haven't gotten any blood drops in the crimson court at all and the first time I tried it I had like 12 before I was halfway through.