Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what one??
wait for the next macbook air
the high-end macbook pro with graphics chipe
the 5k iMac
iPad air 2 + current mba
thunderbolt display + current mba
mac pro with thunderbolt display
a dreamcast VGA box and ethernet modem
View Results

• Locked thread
Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

if your immediate plans after getting out of debt are to make a large purchase, you're doing it wrong/will be in debt soon again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

but what if it gives you pleasure (kevin??)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mishaq posted:

if your immediate plans after getting out of debt are to make a large purchase, you're doing it wrong/will be in debt soon again

if debt was bad it would be illegal

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

mishaq posted:

yeah theres no way that after being in debt for a long time you might have put off major purchases that now need to be made

computer is not one of them i could probably use a 2003 p4 for everything i do on a daily basis so lol

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

PleasureKevin posted:

what the hell man are you brain damaged
for the last five years apparently, hasnt given me any problems

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

for the last five years apparently, hasnt given me any problems

dont steal from steve

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

timb gives it away for free broh

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

his liberality is tempered by his eula op

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

well if timb has a problem with me installing his free os on other x86 hardware he can agree to an end user license to suck my deock

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

the age of intel is at an end

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

Beeftweeter posted:

i dont need to make a thread. its literally "put a bootloader on either your hdd or a flash drive, install os x, done" now

and then your gpu doesn't work because you bought one that wasn't two years old and so you need to go download some experimental Frankenstein drivers made by nvidia.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

and you have to do exactly that if ur installing windows so

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
a neural net processor a learning computer

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
powerful Gaming RIG imo

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Smythe posted:

powerful Gaming RIG imo

witcher 3 coming out this year

gotta be ready

LittleFuryThings
Jan 11, 2012
I have a prebuilt Linux box. it's pretty tits. go with that

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Ocrassus posted:

and then your gpu doesn't work because you bought one that wasn't two years old and so you need to go download some experimental Frankenstein drivers made by nvidia.

idk a nvidia gtx 980 that was released in september works just fine

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

OS X on hackintosh has all the problems of linux. audio/network drivers don't work etc. be prepared to read the help guides written by a 15 year old on a forum somewhere. and to wait weeks or months for that one guy in that one thread who swears he's working on a way to fix the thing that broke with 10.10.4.

but hey you get the worlds most advanced operating system, at like 91 dpi compared to 300+. and no built-in webcam so enjoy your cables. gotta get a bluetooth 4.0 adapter if you want a chance of hand-off working. and...

i mean my first mac was a hackintosh netbook and it was sinful, but in a way it showed me the difference a well considered UI design makes.

but the real joy is when every detail gets that same attention, hardware and software.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wow

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

PleasureKevin posted:

but the real joy is when every detail gets that same attention, hardware and software.

im not convinced this happens anymore

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PleasureKevin posted:

you know youre talking about computers right. like this boring rear end fuckin stupid poo poo we deal with daily

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

do you not remember that feeling when you got your first mac and went looking for a setting and it was right exactly where you expected it to be?

or when you put some headphones on and it automatically changed the volume to your last headphone volume instead of blaring it at speaker volume?

or seeing a pulsing light coming off your charging MacBook at night but realizing in daylight you can't see and LED, it's just aluminium with tiny invisible holes the light shines through?

that is love, man

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

PleasureKevin posted:

or seeing a pulsing light coming off your charging MacBook at night but realizing in daylight you can't see and LED, it's just aluminium with tiny invisible holes the light shines through?

The light of steve.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

PleasureKevin posted:

OS X on hackintosh has all the problems of linux. audio/network drivers don't work etc. be prepared to read the help guides written by a 15 year old on a forum somewhere. and to wait weeks or months for that one guy in that one thread who swears he's working on a way to fix the thing that broke with 10.10.4.

but hey you get the worlds most advanced operating system, at like 91 dpi compared to 300+. and no built-in webcam so enjoy your cables. gotta get a bluetooth 4.0 adapter if you want a chance of hand-off working. and...

i mean my first mac was a hackintosh netbook and it was sinful, but in a way it showed me the difference a well considered UI design makes.

sorry about your lovely monitor I guess. The retinal iMac is the best shitposting machine in the world.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

echinopsis posted:

you know youre talking about computers right. like this boring rear end fuckin stupid poo poo we deal with daily

He had severe mental problems

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

PleasureKevin posted:

these days if you buy most any gigabyte board and an nvidia gpu you're not gonna have to do that because it works oob.

PleasureKevin posted:

u dont have a 4k monitor? (that also works oob)

PleasureKevin posted:

:spergin:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

you see a guy expressing his love for mac and you tear him down.

because you're insecure about you own feelings that confuse and scare you.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

no dude i own a 15" mbp (mattebook, the best one)

hackintosh also just happens to be your best option still if u need power on the cheap or want to play a bideo jame

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

PleasureKevin posted:

another option is just get an iPad to see two screens at once.

please stop saying this it makes me so angry

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

no dude i own a 15" mbp (mattebook, the best one)

this hasn't been true for 2.5 years now

pram
Jun 10, 2001
incredibly shameful admissions itt

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
buy a chromebook and a powerful gaming rig OP. simple

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

carry on then posted:

this hasn't been true for 2.5 years now
nope

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

srsly though my office has wraparound floor to ceiling windows and my coworkers struggle w/ glossy macbooks while im all :c00lbert:

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth

PleasureKevin posted:

you see a guy expressing his love for mac and you tear him down.

because you're insecure about you own feelings that confuse and scare you.

im not ashamed to admit that i have sstrong sexual feelings for Apple Computer® products and the people who own them.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

PleasureKevin posted:

but hey you get the worlds most advanced operating system

:newlol:

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

my coworkers struggle w/ glossy macbooks while im all :c00lbert:

might wanna look into some matte sunglasses then

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

poty posted:

please stop saying this it makes me so angry

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

PleasureKevin posted:

i got a real job and i'm paying back some debt so in a few weeks or months i can realistically get a new comp

i just do like computer development and don't really play games, but every now and then i play a game and it runs bad and i get annoyed

also really need some more resolution and/or screen real-estate jus to seem more code at once

another option is just get an iPad or monitor to see two screens at once.

so let me know what you think about computers

next unit of computing if you buck

• Locked thread