Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Mithranderp posted:

I think Zenithe's power has been out for ~1 week. Must be so poo poo.

Tomorrow is day 9, every day mid 30's, almost still wind and 80% humidity.

In summary, yes it is so poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
How goes the cannibalism and ritual sacrifice? Do SES workers make good eatin'?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Zetsubou-san posted:

How goes the cannibalism and ritual sacrifice? Do SES workers make good eatin'?

As a member of the SES can I request that nobody eats us? If people start trying to eat us I'll probably have to do another 4 hour long training session to make sure I'm aware of the risks involved with being a food source.

Those orange suits are hot and smelly so I doubt we'd be good eating anyway. Plus we are volunteers so I'd hope the cannibals at least target LNP voters before us.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Eat the rich.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Periphery posted:

Those orange suits are hot and smelly

sounds like a marinade to me

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

SadisTech posted:

sounds like a marinade to me

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-02-26/cancer-causing-compound-victorian-emergency-protective-gear/6267130

quote:

Evidence of formaldehyde has been found in the protective gear worn by Victoria's emergency services workers.

In a study of seven garments, the CSIRO found low levels of the cancer-causing compound in clothing treated by Proban, a chemical additive used to make protective clothing fire retardant.

Proban is currently used in clothing worn by the firefighters, the State Emergency Service and the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning, according to Emergency Management Victoria (EMV).

The results were reported by the Australasian Fire and Emergency Services Authorities Council (AFAC).

"What they've actually shown is that the ensemble - which is the gear that our firefighters wear for bushfires - have some residual risk of carrying some chemicals," Victoria's Emergency Services Commissioner Craig Lapsley said.

Mr Lapsley said the report did not describe the CSIRO findings as a critical safety issue, but that an alert had been issued as a precautionary measure.

"Nothing in the report has brought to our attention to say that we have a significant issue to deal with," he said.

"But we've acted very quickly to ensure that the information has been relayed to our firefighters through a safety alert.

"And that safety alert tells our firefighters what to do in the maintenance of their safety clothing."

Delicious.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Can someone make :changefromwithin: ?

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin
March thread is go

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

thatbastardken posted:

meeting made quorum, nominated as a state rep. change from within.

yesss, we needed a goonstack in qld. that's now the entire east coast sorted plus sa, now we just need a goon in wa and the territories to step up and we'll have a national goon caucus at natcon this year

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Dr Anthony Lyndham is out doing clean up Australia day, I just got a photo of him with 2 attendees.

he does not support meta data retention. and thinks it's abhorrent that federal Labor is caving. I told him to recant the Labor policy of detention overseas and asked him about the NBN and if it's too far hosed. he doesn't think so but noone really knows what's going on with that. He says the smart state funds are still there just sitting in an account doing nothing. state Labor is going to make another science push. the Boggo road labs are mostly empty waiting for companies to form and take residence. he encouraged me to make a start up and take ownership of one.

I'll try to get him to the next Brisgoons meet.

Night Shade
Jan 13, 2013

Old School
Hey so is that censure motion the Senate passed just hot air or does it actually have practical consequenses?
i'm dumb

Turks
Nov 16, 2006

Kommando posted:

Dr Anthony Lyndham is out doing clean up Australia day, I just got a photo of him with 2 attendees.

he does not support meta data retention. and thinks it's abhorrent that federal Labor is caving. I told him to recant the Labor policy of detention overseas and asked him about the NBN and if it's too far hosed. he doesn't think so but noone really knows what's going on with that. He says the smart state funds are still there just sitting in an account doing nothing. state Labor is going to make another science push. the Boggo road labs are mostly empty waiting for companies to form and take residence. he encouraged me to make a start up and take ownership of one.

I'll try to get him to the next Brisgoons meet.

What kind of science do you do? Or am I misunderstanding what they mean by 'labs'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
i are dum

Zetsubou-san fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Mar 2, 2015

• Locked thread