Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Prime 1 was a pretty cool game... back in 2002. Prime 3 was fun because of the motion controls, but the last 1/4 of the game was backtracking through the entire game to find collectables to unlock the final boss. Also the parts where it tries to be a pseudo Halo game were baaaaaaaaaaaad. Metroid shouldn't have NPC charactes. Period. Prime 2 was so loving boring I couldn't play more than 2 hours of it. I watched slowbeef's let's play of it and it looks like all I missed was a lovely brown and purple slog of a loving game. Glad I skipped it. Although the tron/cyberpunk area was really neat but its way too far into the game.

I respect the games, even though they aren't really my favorites. Especially after Other M ruined the series reputation. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Wootman posted:

i thought DKC:R was perfect i don't know anyone that complained about it
No Kremlings
Diddy isn't a separate character, more like an accessory to Donkey, and becomes a floaty character which is supposed to be Dixie
The new enemies suck
Rambi is the only animal you can ride
No NPCs, just Cranky
I don't like how the kongs had voices instead of stock monkey noises
None of Rare's humor or charm

It's still a solid platformer, and I guess that's all that really matters. But the 10 year old Donkey Kong Country fan within me hated it. I've only played the 3DS version. I keep hearing Tropical Freeze is really good, and I plan on getting a Wii U in the not too distant future, so I'll definetly buy it and Metroid Prime Trilogy.

• Locked thread