Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think every real gamer should buy this even if they don't play it or own a Wii U, because part of me thinks Nintendo is testing the interest in a new Metroid game and I want to play one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Unit24 posted:

Am I the only one who thinks that Prime 3 is the best?

Well, maybe not necessarily the "best", but it's definitely my favorite. Prime 1 is a close second. Prime 2 is still pretty great, mostly because of the awesome Dark Samus battles.

Yes. They're all good but come on...Prime 1 is nearly perfect.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Unit24 posted:

To each their own. I really liked how Prime 3 had multiple planets (and a space station) and let you use the ship. I felt like I was getting a more complete Samus experience, if that makes any sense.

True, I like it a lot more than 2. 3 was originally going to be a more free form game based on bounty hunting where samus would accept contracts and fly to a selection of planets but the project was scaled back or something, so they crammed a Prime 1 style into their existing work halfway through development. That could have been a really cool game in its own right, but the bastardized version that came out is neat and has some important improvements on the Prime game play (control scheme improvement, fixing the end game key hunting, going back to the Super style of beam upgrades, and having the option to mark upgrade locations on your map were all great choices IMO).

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love Metroid.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kirios posted:

This may be blasphemous but Metroid Prime 1 is the best Metroid game.

There, I said it.

I agree.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The gamecube was sick but it was no ps2, sadly.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A power Bomb placed at his feet will wipe out all of his armor at once as well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They also did nerf the boost ball guardian, even on Veteran (aka normal) difficulty so his boosts do less damage because they're basically unavoidable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Abu Dave posted:

Im playing this game right now for the first time and its real good but the combat is pointless; it's easier to just run past them and the enemies always respawn in the same places its kinda silly how reverred this game is but its got cool puzzles.

Thats how it should be, considering super Metroid was the same way. most of the enemies in Metroid games are just animals chilling in their natural environment who don't attack you, they just get in your way

• Locked thread