Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

seiferguy posted:

I think for the most part, the Metroid Prime series are great in that if you miss an item, you can always go back and get it later. Some scans, however, are missable (which all of them are on the frigate, so if you missed those, oops).

Thankfully now if you go through the game again it retains your logbook from the previous playthrough so you can just add stuff you missed rather than having to do the entire game over and get every scan again because you missed the Ice Shriek Bats :v:

Adam Bowen posted:

The difference between MP 1 and 2 is that 1 is possibly the best game of all time, while Echoes is just a really good game. The Dark World mechanic is slightly annoying at first but it weeds out huge stupid babies like yourself so that's a plus.

I feel dirty for agreeing with Adam Bowen but this is pretty much on the nose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Unit24 posted:

Am I the only one who thinks that Prime 3 is the best?

Well, maybe not necessarily the "best", but it's definitely my favorite. Prime 1 is a close second. Prime 2 is still pretty great, mostly because of the awesome Dark Samus battles.

I don't think it's the best but I do think it gets a lot of flak unfairly. I honestly didn't mind Admiral Dane when I first played and looking back, compared to Adam, he's really pretty good. Yeah, he's a bit of a one-dimensional military man but he lets Samus do her thing and seems competent otherwise and doesn't get everyone working around him, including himself, killed.

Edit: I will say too that the original Metroid Prime probably has the best story telling of pretty much any game ever. The scan visor is absolutely brilliant and it turns the story of the world into a collectible itself. It's there if you want to read it but you're not punished in any way if you ignore it though.

• Locked thread