Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Is there anything special about Metroid Prime Trilogy in particular or is it just a straight up port?

I haven't gotten metroid prime 3 so I'm going to get it but I prefer the gamecube controller so if 1/2 are just ports I'd rather play the gamecube version of those again.

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Prime 1 has some kind of goofy bosses, but they are almost all front-loaded. The first "real" boss of the game is Flaahgra and after that, the bosses are fine. They are vastly improved in Prime 2, and there are way more of them too.

I hated all the backtracking in Prime 2 but over all that game was pretty rad. I can't think of any boss I particularly disliked in it. The Ing ones were a little plain I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Ruddha posted:

i remember when prime came out i couldnt believe how insanely good the graphics looked. it still is an extremely good looking game age considered and its very, very fun. im going to go play more of it now

IMO the effects on the visor were mindblowing.

I know a bunch of people were down on Donkey Kong Country Returns but Retro Studios does good work. It'd be neat if they did another Metroid Game.

Your Computer posted:

The atmosphere, dude. The amazing soundtrack combined with the environments and the fact that you're viewing everything through the visor makes the game incredibly tense and immersive as hell.

e: compared to all games, to this day.

Yeah it really holds up for sure, can't wait to see it in the Smithsonian.

• Locked thread