Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012
How can anyone have sincere complaints about the point controls unless they have little baby t rex arms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Why would I have a lovely "wiimote" peripheral for my nintendo wii-u console?

To play cool games like Metroid Prime Trilogy, Sin and Punishment, RE4 Wii edition, Duck Hunt

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

fisheyel83l posted:

Metroid Prime is a great game, one of the best ever. Echoes is the worst game I've ever played, and Corruption is somehow even worse than Echoes.

And JFC, no one buy a Wii U for this game, or any other.

One of these statements is correct

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Unit24 posted:

To each their own. I really liked how Prime 3 had multiple planets (and a space station) and let you use the ship. I felt like I was getting a more complete Samus experience, if that makes any sense.

Your Ship is definitely a rad power up. I don't really like Prime 3's regions very much though, and the beam system wasn't great, and I really disliked hypermode. But third place is still respectable

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Also, guy who complained about colors, purple is top tier

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Neo Rasa posted:

Prime 2's original concept was kind of crazy. It was going to be similar to System Shock 2. The whole game would be on a huge space station run by four different AIs competing for power and for your support in stuff. Though they may have axed it just because it would have been a bit similar to the relatively recent Metroid Fusion. But then Sakamoto went with a space station anyway with Other M.

The actual design document is crazy ambitious and probably wouldn't have turned out all that well

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
My list:

Tropical Freeze > 2 > Returns > 1 > 3 > 64

Prime 1 => Super Metroid => Zero Mission > Prime 2 > Fusion > Prime 3 > Metroid 2 > Hunters > Metroid 1

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I love comments like that because I thought the Omega Pirate had way too little health

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ConfusedUs posted:

That's great news.

Also I had no idea that normal was Easy mode in this version.

I learned that after doing the intro section of Prime and just started over, causing me to totally forget about scanning the basic parasites again and ultimately ending the game with 99% scans :shepface:

Thankfully scans carry over into new game +

• Locked thread