Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Still in SD with poo poo Wii controls, right?

If so then I'll wait for a real release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Adam Bowen posted:

The wii controls are insanely good actually. I'd still prefer regular controls but this is the one set of games that actually makes good use of the wiimote.

I have the Wii version (somewhere) and I agree that it's the most bearable use of the thing, along with Galaxy.

Still terrible and I'm still never going to subject myself to the Wiimote again. The trilogy deserves the same treatment Wind Waker got.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The issue is more that they didn't even bother to bung in the original controls when they originally ported it. Like they were afraid people wouldn't accept their useless stick unless given no other choice.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I think it's OK to pre-order if the game is going to absolutely for sure be awesome.

This is 0% of games.

Generally I pre-order stuff I'm interested in on Amazon to reserve the lowest price (which usually ends up saving at least £5), and cancel it the second bad opinions start flooding in.

If a game has a post-launch embargo I generally cancel it on the spot and wait months after release before I give it another look. Scummy, scummy poo poo.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Devil Wears Wings posted:

What kind of bizarro world person prefers loving dual analog to pointer controls for an FPS

dual analog is a control scheme so terrible that developers need to implement copious aim assist just so that players can aim semi accurately at things

Dual analogue isn't a great compromise (but can still be enjoyable to play if the developers fight a sweet spot of aim assisting without feeling like aim assist), but the Wii remote is such an inaccurate, useless piece of poo poo that I'd choose a pad over it any day of the week.

• Locked thread