Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adhesion
Sep 10, 2001

Next you gonna mention lifting up a nacho and seein' a big old terrified eye starin' at you

ConfusedUs posted:

Prime 1 remains one of my favorite games ever.

That said, wow, I don't remember the Omega Pirate being this hard. He wrecked me pretty good just now.

I think it's the pointer aiming. In Prime 1 on the 'cube, when you locked on to something, you shot directly at it every time.

With the pointer control, the reticule can move around. You can miss even when locked on, and I miss a lot on enemies that move quickly. I notice it the most on Burrowers (the guys that jump out of the ground and spit stuff) and a couple of bosses. The Omega is the first time I have really felt hindered by it, though.

I find myself using the wave beam a LOT just because it homes in on things.

Still, game owns. I can't wait to beat this OP motherfucker and get the Phazon suit. It's the best looking suit in all of Metroid, except maybe the Light Suit from MP2.

I forget what it's called but there's something in the options that will make the shooting reticle fully locked onto the target when using the Z lockon.

And yeah Omega Pirate is the worst. It took me way too long to realize that he's only weak to super missiles, even when invisible :downs: Beams do a meager amount of damage which made me think at first that it was just an incredibly tedious and long fight, which is not the right message to send game design-wise. Probably the only flaw in an otherwise amazing game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread