Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
If you didn't already own Metroid Prime Trilogy then you're as much a gamer as a candy crush playing grandma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

One of your choices is a trilogy that includes one of the best games ever made, the other is a fun but forgettable janky anime monster fighting game. Tough choice.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

The wii controls are insanely good actually. I'd still prefer regular controls but this is the one set of games that actually makes good use of the wiimote.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

fisheyel83l posted:

Metroid Prime is a great game, one of the best ever. Echoes is the worst game I've ever played, and Corruption is somehow even worse than Echoes.

And JFC, no one buy a Wii U for this game, or any other.

The difference between MP 1 and 2 is that 1 is possibly the best game of all time, while Echoes is just a really good game. The Dark World mechanic is slightly annoying at first but it weeds out huge stupid babies like yourself so that's a plus.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

U-use your thumb?

Maybe he's got some kind of baby hand and his thumb can't stretch 2 or 3 inches down? I can't think of any other explanation.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Unit24 posted:

Am I the only one who thinks that Prime 3 is the best?

Well, maybe not necessarily the "best", but it's definitely my favorite. Prime 1 is a close second. Prime 2 is still pretty great, mostly because of the awesome Dark Samus battles.

Being spread around multiple planets was a cool idea, except each one was way too small and that killed a lot of the atmosphere and sense of exploration. Also even though the NPCs weren't completely terrible like in Other M, there was no need for them and having to talk to and interact with them also hurt the atmosphere a lot. Two of the defying characteristics of Metroid games (exploration and a sense of loneliness and isolation) were compromised and ultimately it kept the game from being as good as it could. Still owns though, but not like Prime 1.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Anatharon posted:

IMO the effects on the visor were mindblowing.

I know a bunch of people were down on Donkey Kong Country Returns but Retro Studios does good work. It'd be neat if they did another Metroid Game.

How could anyone be down on DKCR? It's not Metroid Prime quality but it's really good, good enough that going back and playing the original DKC games is kind of disappointing now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

But everyone feels like games today suck compared to games from back then. I'm inclined to agree, but I know it has to be nostalgia.

The big publishers are releasing nothing but shallow focus-group developed games knowing that plenty of people will pay $60 to consume forgettable trash, but it's actually a great time to be a gamer as long as you recognize that a game being labelled "AAA" means you can pretty much ignore it completely.

• Locked thread