Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Prime 1 remains one of my favorite games ever.

That said, wow, I don't remember the Omega Pirate being this hard. He wrecked me pretty good just now.

I think it's the pointer aiming. In Prime 1 on the 'cube, when you locked on to something, you shot directly at it every time.

With the pointer control, the reticule can move around. You can miss even when locked on, and I miss a lot on enemies that move quickly. I notice it the most on Burrowers (the guys that jump out of the ground and spit stuff) and a couple of bosses. The Omega is the first time I have really felt hindered by it, though.

I find myself using the wave beam a LOT just because it homes in on things.

Still, game owns. I can't wait to beat this OP motherfucker and get the Phazon suit. It's the best looking suit in all of Metroid, except maybe the Light Suit from MP2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

A power Bomb placed at his feet will wipe out all of his armor at once as well.

I totally forgot about that.

I'm gonna kick his rear end later

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Sorry to double post, but does anyone know if the bosses in Echoes have been rebalanced? I last played the game on the cube, and some of the bosses were really frustrating.

In particular, the boost ball boss made me give up on the game several times. I didn't beat Echoes until near the release of Corruption because I could not beat that guy.

I noticed in prime one in the wiiu trilogy that Thardus was weakened a lot. His roll was much weaker than in the original release. It used to wreck fools.

The boost boss in Echoes is the only boss in the serious that I feel needs that same treatment. Did he get it?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

They also did nerf the boost ball guardian, even on Veteran (aka normal) difficulty so his boosts do less damage because they're basically unavoidable

That's great news.

Also I had no idea that normal was Easy mode in this version.

• Locked thread