Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I bought it, now the question remains which of the 3 I play first...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Maybe I'm in the minority here but I really liked MP:2 a lot, maybe more than the first. Ammunition management is super easy, since killing enemies with the opposite weapon makes them drop the ammo you need. Once you get the light suit, the game is pro. The only issue is that it doubles down on the backtracking.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

marauderthirty posted:

Bought this last night and had to go find myself a nunchuk. I've never played any of these before but a lot of you seem to think at least the first game is one of the all-time greatest, so it should be worth my time. I don't miss pointing at stuff with a Wiimote, but I feel like I'm getting used to the controls at least. I just got off the space station and landed on the planet. Anything I should know?

I think for the most part, the Metroid Prime series are great in that if you miss an item, you can always go back and get it later. Some scans, however, are missable (which all of them are on the frigate, so if you missed those, oops).

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Metroid Prime is slightly not as good as Super Metroid but that's nothing to be ashamed about.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Apples and oranges my friend. Or maybe space apples and space oranges. Or maybe it's actually like regular apples vs space apples. I dunno.

If you compare the sidescrolling ones against themselves and the 3D ones against themselves, fair enough, then it looks like this:

Super Metroid > Zero Mission > Fusion > Metroid 2 > Metroid

Admittedly all of these are great. The first two only fall flat because of their hardware limitations. What Metroid 2 accomplished on the Game Boy was pretty impressive, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I believe speaking ill of Super Metroid is bannable in this forum. Which, why would you? It's the greatest game of all time.

• Locked thread