Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Genetic Toaster posted:

Nintendo's porting team has vapor for brains.

fake edit: Finally playing the trilogy version of Prime 1. Did they add in Spring Ball for the Wii release or was that always there?

they added it to 1 and 2 for trilogy. spring ball is the best thing ever and that + boost ball means you can travel through the overworlds a LOT faster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Accordion Man posted:

But I already own the original versions of the games.

you sound like the kind of negative nancy that doesnt own all 27 versions of super mario bros

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Anatharon posted:

Is there anything special about Metroid Prime Trilogy in particular or is it just a straight up port?

I haven't gotten metroid prime 3 so I'm going to get it but I prefer the gamecube controller so if 1/2 are just ports I'd rather play the gamecube version of those again.

- if you get the eshop version that came out, the loading times on all 3 games is practically non-existant, you can notice this by how long doors take to open when shot.

- the motion pointer controls from 3 get added to 1 and 2, which is actually a godsend that makes shooting easier. you can take cover and shoot missiles/wavebeam shots that curve around the cover.

- metroid prime 1 and 2 retroactively get the morphball jump from prime 3 where jerking the remote upward makes the morphball jump. this is super-hella useful and will make travel/bombjumping hella easy.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Abu Dave posted:

Im playing this game right now for the first time and its real good but the combat is pointless; it's easier to just run past them and the enemies always respawn in the same places

thats what i mostly do, but theres definitely some spots that are harder to pass when you don't kill them (sheegoths ugh)

• Locked thread