Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pram
Jun 10, 2001
THE AMAZING POWER TO CORRECTLY ESTIMATE THE PASSAGE OF TIME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

pram posted:

THE AMAZING POWER TO CORRECTLY ESTIMATE THE PASSAGE OF TIME

its been about 3 minutes since my last post itt

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
since it's now been ~6 months of having an alarm go off at 745 every weekday morning, i now wakeup at 744 every morning of the week, regardless so i can open my eyes, wonder what time it is and then my alarm goes off. sycjs

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

apple watch: a fragile expensive thing on your arm you need to be constantly aware and protective of™

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

PuTTY riot posted:

im really good at guessing a certain amount of time. like i puta totinos in the oven and set the timer for 10 minutes. usualyl i get off the couch right before the 1 minute timer beeps so i can get the ranch out of the fridge and get a pizza cutter and a plate and then the oven dings.

or like if im mkaing velveeta dip and i turn on the mircowave for 2:30 i know w/o looking at the microwave that its about to be done

you should become a gunslinger

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Cat Face Joe posted:

apple watch: a fragile expensive thing on your arm you need to be constantly aware and protective of™

u get to charge it every night also

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

PuTTY riot posted:

u get to charge it every night also

lmbo.

normal watches last years in a single battery but as usual, crappple drops the loving ball.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yea the wrecking ball, on bitch android n00bs

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i hope it gets less than 12 hours if it's 'used' like they advertise it.

timb, what were you thinking?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
you could have a really cool battery indicator on the watch

like your battery is gonna run out at 3:16 so there is a big red line at that point of the clock face

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Valeyard posted:

you could have a really cool battery indicator on the watch

like your battery is gonna run out at 3:16 so there is a big red line at that point of the clock face

that would be nice because if the indicator is on a time before you would normally go to bed you'll know to throw your crapple watch in the garbage where it belongs

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
doesnt the apple watch have like apps and poo poo u scoll thru wit the dial? lol. smells like some fail

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i dont have a watch

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

usecase for andorid smartwatch: display the amount of battery draining wakelocks on ur garbage shitphone

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
imaginae a watc, like a regular watch, except it has a poo poo battery

hmmm

that lasts like 12 hours

hmmm

that we sell for $600

excellent

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Valeyard posted:

imaginae a watc, like a regular watch, except it has a poo poo battery

hmmm

that lasts like 12 hours

hmmm

that we sell for $600

excellent

but it allows your boss to live on your wrist and distract you constantly, and also reminds you that you're a fat piece of poo poo.

Only $600!

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
and then 6 months after launch, apple releases a new one with a different charging cable (lol the iwatch is going to have a charging cable) and stop updating the OS/firmware of your 1st gen watch so you can't even use it.

pro moves timb, pro moves.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i thot they wireless charge....... wheres teh plug? on such a teensy watch?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
hey man you got the time?

sorry bud, i need to charge up the ol' watch

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
dont they have watches that charge by the wiggling of ur walking and stuff? shouldnt it be like that?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Smythe posted:

dont they have watches that charge by the wiggling of ur walking and stuff? shouldnt it be like that?

they produce like two orders of magnitude less power than these loving things run

compared to normal watches, smartwatches are like running a little arc welder on your wrist 24/7

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
well step it up apple. ur so big and bad why not make a decent smart watch!!!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the solution is simple really. inductive coil in your underpants + necklace magnet -> smartwatch gets charged every time you shove your head up your own rear end

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
a watch that has a slot where you put in copper coins and it burns through them for power like ironi mans old paladium chest core :supaburn:

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
maybe they'll make it solar like all those cool watches from the 90s

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
hopefully they just don't make it.

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
i have pulsatile tinnitus and my resting heartrate is 55 bpm so i always know what time it is

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Jonny 290 posted:

they produce like two orders of magnitude less power than these loving things run

compared to normal watches, smartwatches are like running a little arc welder on your wrist 24/7

i have one of the OG seiko kinetics, from like 1999 and man, that ball rolling is DOPE. it is so loud i love it.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
if you dont have an auto you're a bad person.

eco drive and kinetic get hosed

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the time is right to buy one on first day, shove it up your rear end and poo poo it out on stage as a form of artistic expression

an ode to Steve

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
I want a wtach that has this

but leia is standing on teh watch and maybe has a big clock like flava flav so I can also tell the time

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

what leads a man to android

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
rage against the machine

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

bobbilljim posted:

I want a wtach that has this

but leia is standing on teh watch and maybe has a big clock like flava flav so I can also tell the time

this but cortana

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Wild EEPROM posted:

if you dont have an auto you're a bad person.

eco drive and kinetic get hosed

I want to pay craploads of money for the least accurate watch I can buy because a bunch of Swiss advertising executives convinced me it was cooler

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
you're hardly buying a watch to tell the time though are you

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

qirex posted:

I want to pay craploads of money for the least accurate watch I can buy because a bunch of Swiss advertising executives convinced me it was cooler

can i also interest you in this fine german engineered automobile?

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

qirex posted:

why is that a want? i thought you did that, often, and with great enthusiasm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
dude the kinetic ball rolls around inside the watch on a little track, it sounds so cool and you can feel it. by far the best watch powering technology imo

• Locked thread