Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I really liked this game and I can see how a lot of people will hella hate it.

I'm really curious to see what kind of consequences all the "this action will have lasting consequences" choices actually end up having. I have high hopes but I'm bracing for disappointment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I didn't even realize til I looked it up that PJ Harvey is on that Sparklehorse song :rock:

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Rosalind posted:

Yeah it's a great soundtrack. Game also made me want a Polaroid camera desperately.
I must admit it strains my suspension of disbelief slightly that a photography student in 2015 only uses a polaroid and doesn't have a DSLR. But the game kind of depends on you having photos printed right away that you can show to people, so whatever.

precision posted:

Eagerly awaiting the angry fat gamer dudes ranting on YouTube about how this game sucks. :allears:

WTF I finished this "game" in under an hour if you don't count all the unskippable cutscenes, I demand more value for my gaming dollar, I mean have these french losers even heard of counterstrike?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
This is the kind of game a certain type of person will purchase and play just to tell you what's wrong with it.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Poizen Jam posted:

I watched her play a few sections, and my one gripe was the pregnancy test thing. You can pick it up, gain the info, reverse time, still have the info and suffer no consequences. There didn't seem to be any reason to stick with the timeline where someone got pissed at you.
There's a bunch of stuff like that. Not everything has to be difficult quandary, sometimes there's an obvious right choice and sometimes you can't tell what the consequences will be. It's episode one, they throw some obvious stuff at you so you figure out how the game mechanic works.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Basically, it's a game where your character is aware of the fact that you're reloading from a save file.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

RightClickSaveAs posted:

I think the dialogue works within the world, it's at least pretty consistent. It's broad strokes characterization in a lot of ways (again, why would they have full out dudebro football jocks in a small, exclusive art school?) but I know that's more for the purpose of establishing this stereotypical high school hierarchy and it doesn't bother me too much. It does have a little bit of a Veronica Mars thing where some of the high schoolers seem way smarter and adult than others, yet still act and talk like high schoolers most of the time, but it's not nearly as bad as in most TV shows and movies where they have 20+ year olds playing the parts.

And apropos of nothing really, I was replaying the first episode and rewound so hard I apparently froze time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DpNzlG3ZXo

Watch out, the langoliers are coming! :ohdear:

• Locked thread