Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Macaluso posted:

There's definitely something wackanuts going on. There's some weird graffiti you can see near the Lighthouse that Max is like "wtf is this"

Also noticed some weird illuminati-esque pyramid graffiti in the bathroom and in Chloe's truck. Don't know if its connected, but its in the same shape as the lighthouse graffiti. Also that one teacher mentions this being Native American land so there's probably some shenanigans happening with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Quote-Unquote posted:

What's the deal with Kate? The journal makes out like they're really good friends but their interactions in the game feel awkward as hell, like they don't really know each other.

A lot of that has to do with whatever it is that's making Kate so withdrawn. I got the impression that its something of a new and recent development with her.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

precision posted:

I'll honestly be disappointed if that spoiler ends up being true though. I mean, the one thing that makes Max special, and someone else did it first? Hipster time traveler. Seriously though, what if all the members of the Vortex Club have the power???

Dumb theory I'm semi-developing: Max and Rachel are one and the same person, or they have some sort of weird reincarnated soul bullshit going on. After Max leaves, Chloe befriends Rachel. Rachel, with her time traveling abilities, ingratiates herself with the student body (much like Max has the capability of doing). Rachel suddenly goes missing, then Max returns after five years of zero contact with Chloe for reasons that she can't properly answer for sure.

Like I said its dumb (especially since everything I've mentioned about Max is backed up by proof proving me wrong), but the only thing I can say that's concrete is there's clearly a connection between Max and Rachel that's a little bit beyond that they both have time travel powers.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Same thought crossed my mind as well. But so far I'm liking this better than Darkie Darko so theres that :v:

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

I hope the photo of Chloe taking a bong hit is an option.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

So what happens if you blame Jefferson for Kate's attempted suicide?

Also, am I alone in that I REALLY don't like Chloe anymore?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

I mean I get that, I've known my fair share of Chloes in my life, but jesus 10 seconds to answer a phonecall from someone who is obviously going through some issues, and shes ready to reach through the laptop and cut my balls off. I'm also not too keen on her wanting to keep using Max's powers despite the fact its clearly giving her migraines and nosebleeds.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Air is lava! posted:

These girls really don't have any survival instinct. They laid down on traintracks and when they barely survived that due to some godly powers, they decide to walk all the way back. On the tracks. I mean, is that normal? I never even stepped on tracks besides at crossings.

In high school, I rode in the back of a truck standing like I was surfing. Then I fell off and tore the skin off my legs. My friends drove me to my house to patch up...as I was standing in the back trying to surf it still.

I wouldn't say its "normal"...but these kinds of things do happen.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Giving the ending a little more thought I think I'm going to go back and change my choice from Nathan to the teacher. I don't think he should get away clean after apparently rejecting Kate when she came to him for help (and prompting her suicide attempt). That's a pretty lovely thing to do. As much as I dislike Nathan, making a move on him now with minimal proof after already accusing him of the bathroom incident isn't going to end well. And I'm starting to have doubts about his involvement with Kate.

Macaluso posted:

I hope I'm not alone in not putting up with that nonsense.

Nah I'm the same way. I get that hes supposed to be awkward and stuff but stop blowing up my phone you little poo poo.

Then again maybe the twist is that hes the serial killer all along so it could be intentional?

Roman Reigns fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Mar 26, 2015

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

Dudes probably has an SA account.

Probably permabanned already.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Rosalind posted:

Also can't find any Max x Warren either. There's hardly any Warren art at all.

As it should be.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Chloe just wanted to dick around with Max's powers.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Just finished it last night. Some stuff I want to talk about later but I'll just say this much right now: whatever god, deity, supernatural being, or Lovecraftian horror that inhabits Blackwell is, it absolutely loving hates Chloe.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

If she hasn't put together that there's something up with Max by now it probably won't happen and it's just a running joke.

I will say the episode made me come around to Chloe more after being the raging insecure butt she was last time.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Wolf Among Us at least has the excuse that it had to do that one huge episode rewrite. Borderlands is/was probably pushed aside for GoT, especially so it can coincide with the new season, but goddamn does it blow so far.

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

- The Decision/Consequences tree is becoming a beast as the story goes. (see: 29:12)

I see this and it gets me really excited for any pay off for the choices I've made in the next or last episode. I hope, anyway.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

:stare: Holy poo poo this loving game.

So uh I just finished the episode

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

epitasis posted:

aaaaahhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGHHIFDVJDHKOFVJKGFG

Roman Reigns fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jul 29, 2015

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

So did anyone else here tapped the rewind button furiously after the slow reveal that Chloe was shot in the head? And then go oh gently caress and punched their own leg when Mr. Jefferson revealed himself? It has been a while since a game got me engaged like that. I'm still processing what happened and what could possibly happen in the next episode.

We've come a long way from the start of the game with Max listening to some indie music and strolling down the school hallway.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Don't know if I can handle another round of American teen dialogue written by adult Frenchmen again.

What with their hella teen 'tudes and all, brah

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

It's just (mostly) baseless speculation. Jefferson's preferential treatment of Max throughout the game, the fact that he subdues her before shooting Chloe, his connection to the Prescotts and frustrated relationship with Nathan all make me think that Jefferson knows something about Max's power and/or the coming storm. Maybe Rachel Amber was in the same situation, but she refused and he then had to kill her, who knows. I could be totally wrong but I think that Jefferson definitely knows there's more to Max than he lets on.

Note the bunker is called a "Stormbreaker". That cannot be a coincidence.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

I figured the timeline would reset anyway so I went with the euthanize choice. Of course it wasn't until afterwards when I realized it's like Looper where there aren't any established rules for time travel and for all I know nothing got reset and Max is hosed in an alternate timeline.

Time travel, how does it work? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

That was supposed to be intentionally funny right? There were way too many potential gently caress ups for it not to be.

• Locked thread