Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I'm not that interested in the victorian vampire genre, but DontNod has made two pretty solid games with Remember Me and Life is Strange.

Hopefully they learned a lot about what not to do, action-wise, after having gone through Remember Me. And a lot what to do with how good LiS was.

If Vampyr looks half as good as remember me, then it'll look amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Mokinokaro posted:

Max?

You could even use time rewinding as the restart mechanic.

Like in Prince of Persia (sands of time).

Great game, that.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

s.i.r.e. posted:

Man, I hope it's not really vampires and it's the plague or something because this looks good but vampires are lame as poo poo.

Eh, it really just matters how they're approached. Vampires or no vampieres I don't think would make a difference if the story and characterization are interesting otherwise.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Larryb posted:

Honestly I'm not really sure how a Life is Strange sequel would work without being more of the same, even if they do go for a new cast and setting (so somebody else gets time powers and the cycle begins all over again?). I'm guessing they could include a character or two from the first game to tie things together (if it gets mentioned at all) but I don't really see where things could go from here aside from maybe dealing with the fallout from Max's final decision(I suppose they could go always for another gimmick besides time travel though).

It starts off with the girls driving away from a devastated small town, and then becomes something like Walking Dead, except you, as Max, have to fight off Time Demons with your time powers, while Chloe learns she is the mystical Chosen One a la Buffy the Vampire Slayer and then they go to Vegas and run a bar, solving crimes in their downtime by kicking demon rear end.

• Locked thread