Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Games have really got to stop claiming they're going to "revolutionize" a genre. That annoys me far more than it should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
"I think these characters are kinda one dimensional" is a thread killer now?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I dunno, I have a feeling the entire game is going to be fairly toothless when it comes to actions and consequence. I see a lot of people falling into the same trap they did with early Walking Dead episodes (myself included!) - that because says it adapts mean it actually will.

The time travel thing is neat, but it strikes me as a very meta way of seeing everything more than anything that's going to heavily impact the plot.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Poizen Jam posted:

Isn't the conceit that some of your choices have long term implications further down the road than you can rewind? Like you can see the immediate aftermath and revert it, sure, but doesn't it say something to the effect of 'this choice will have long term consequences'?

This is pretty much what every single game has promised, ever, though.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Where the hell were you all when someone had a different opinion on any other game's writing.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
And they're just a smidge over 18 so nobody feels guilty about it.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Plom Bar posted:

Bet you thought Thelma and Louise were just two gals being pals

Did they start scissoring when they drove off that cliff or something.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Plom Bar posted:

There are plenty of movies about women being friends. Thelma and Louise ain't one of them. Sorry you had to find out this way.

you do realize women can be close and love one another in a platonic fashion without lesbianism being involved, right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Plom Bar posted:

Of course I do.

Doesn't change a thing here, though.

What, that the protagonists have a relationship that is either platonic or homosexual depending on how it develops, and is not explicitly one or the other?

I mean dude, you're getting very angry that not everyone has chosen a particular path with the characters.

• Locked thread