Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru
The game feels like Twins Peaks meets Veronica Mars. I played with one of my friends who actually studied photography. The game mentions quite a mix of different photographers and schools of photography. Max seems to like photojournalists and she compares the Victoria character to fashion photographer Richard Avedon.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

This game is so TellTale it hurts. But you can tell it's a knock-off brand because the facial animation is a couple steps down, with no real lip syncing or emoting. Motion captured animation looks good, I didn't see anyone with the unnaturally stiff shoulders that marks a bad mo-cap job, and they probably got real actors cause characters can use their body language to get their feelings across pretty well.

I can't really comment on the story because it's all build-up with no payoff right now, and the preview trailer looks like that'll continue for a bit. I do like how time-travel is both a story and gameplay mechanic, in fact the game blends the two so well that it's nearly impossible to separate one from the other. Very cool stuff, I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Between this, Game of Thrones and Borderlands, it's looking like a very good year for point-n-click adventures.

It feels a lot more polished than any recent Tell Tale game, especially on a technical level. Life is Strange's performance and stability is good. The areas are bigger and my finish time was twice of any TellTale episode. The UI is quick and easy to navigate (at least on PC). The art direction and the sound design is very impressive. It has one of the best uses of a licensed soundtrack I've seen in quite some time. There is also a surprising amount of optional commentary and failure states. Understandably, this game wasn't self-published and instead had the backing of a large publisher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread