Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

exquisite tea posted:

That is why the only moral choice is to turn Warren from an awkward nerd into a stone cold alpha who drinks beer and beats the poo poo out of people.

Warren 3:16

As friends or more, Max and Chloe are too perfect together to mess with, there's just no room for Warren there. Dude's got a perfectly suitable fallback anyway, he'll get over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

It's a good podcast and Greg Miller didn't even knock over a single beer can. Recommended for the insights.

Back to the actual game, has anyone noticed any little changes since the latest patch? I've seen a couple people mention things like new messages on the dorm slates or certain items like the eggs being repositioned, which is... odd.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Nichael posted:

I'm sure this has been said before, but after finishing the game recently, I'm kind of surprised they didn't have your Max suddenly get memories from yet another Max who time traveled prior to the game's events. Though I suppose that would hamper player agency somewhat.

That seems like the kind of thing that would drive Max insane and land her in an institution. New worst ending!

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Nameless Pete posted:

So I name all my video game consoles and I have a dilemma. My PS3 was already called "Max" after Peter Falk's character from The Great Race (because it's a newer model with actual power buttons), so naming the PS4 "Chloe" only fit. I kind of want to customize it somehow to reflect it's new "Chloeness," but I'm a 30-year-old man and I'm worried the rest of the male gender will collectively disown me if they catch me putting butterfly stickers on poo poo.

My computer and my phone have already succumbed to varying amounts of Chloeness. Don't worry about it too much, the ship's hit the iceberg but more than a few of us will be going down with it.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Don't forget about Alcoholic Principal, Trucker With lovely Opinions, and On-The-Take Police Officer.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

axeil posted:

Kate jumping is what I think took this game from "really good" to "incredible." The entire mood of the game shifts and I can really see it being motivation for Max to never, ever gently caress up again when she has the chance to save someone. I can't even imagine playing the game without her dead, because Kate dying is the wake-up call for everyone in the game and it gives Max a reason to keep hunting down Nathan because now she lost a friend the same way Chloe did

I had the same thought after screwing that part up on my first run. Losing Kate really drives home that whole consequences thing, not just for Max, but for all the other characters who put her up on that roof, and that never stops punching you in the gut as the series continues. For me, it also pays off all the foreshadowing Episode 2 puts in place about the practical limit of Max's powers in a way that a last-minute save doesn't quite match, which in turn gave me more to think about when I had to make similarly world-shattering decisions later on.

I'm glad I saved her on my second run, but that original loss is something that will stick with me for a very, very long time.

That said, the little extra scene you get at the hospital if you save Kate features a very valuable moment of redemption for Chloe that doesn't quite have a direct counterpart on the other path.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

We're sort of in a new golden age of small town teens vs. supernatural weirdness and I'm loving it. Persona 4 nailed the tone better than anything else in that series, Oxenfree and especially Life is Strange made it far more personal and affecting, and now Stranger Things. I can't wait to see what's next.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Life is Strange 2: The Fate of the Strange

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Flip it all around and do Season 2 from Chloe's perspective.

Unfortunately "good at dying" is a pretty big step down from "time manipulation" on the super powers org chart.

• Locked thread