Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Skellybones posted:

:confused: what did he do?

Yeah I don't remember that at all. I remember Jefferson being taken aback when Max calls him on being creepy with the "I could capture any one of you in a dark corner" lecture he was giving. I figured he just thought he was being careless and had to regain his composure a little more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

geforce posted:

haven't read the whole thread, but one thing that struck me in this game is the camera shots. The scenes are pretty nice and so are the angles. I took a few screenshots in Episode 1: http://imgur.com/a/Bifxs

ahhh I love the snow falling sequence. So cool

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Orange Sunshine posted:

One thing I've noticed about this game is how small it is, in terms of locations. Almost all locations are reused multiple times. You come back over and over to Mr. Jefferson's classroom, to the hallway outside it. You come back multiple times to Chloe's house, to the two whales diner, to the junkyard, to the courtyard outside the school, to the beach, to the lighthouse.

I think the reason behind it was to save money, as it meant you didn't have to create large numbers of locations for every scene in the game. I think it actually improved the game considerably, as it made the gameworld feel more like a real place. You go back to Chloe's house over and over and it feels like a real place that you could visit. You go back to the junkyard at the end of the game, and you immediately know it since you were there earlier, I think this was more effective than just picking a random spot for Rachel's body.

It works fine because a high school student would return to the same places over and over in the course of her daily life, to school, a friend's house, and so on.

Yeah it's like a movie or a TV show based around a few locations, so I think it feels pretty natural.

• Locked thread