Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
I never actually did it but I tried to figure out how to make extreme surfboarding work in a tabletop setting. Never did figure out a good way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
That is actually pretty useful for OVA, didn't know about that.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Metal Slug 3 got a lot weirder than I thought, huh.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
I dunno if offering that you'd rather kill yourself than interact with a game is really making you look like you're above someone heavily promoting said game.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Noncommittal Granola.

Can I just take naturebox snack names and use those as alignments? My next D&D character's gonna be Pistachio Power Clusters.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~

Davin Valkri posted:

Who the hell declares themselves evil, anyway? Like, where did that even start being a thing?

and basically any other cartoon villain ever

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Welcome to the SAT 2.0.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Persona Q brought the three damage types back because Etrian Odyssey already had them anyways, and Q is just an EO game with a different skin. Persona 3's different damage types were just annoying or in the rare cases they applied against enemies, made things too easy because there were a lot more enemies you could hit weaknesses on just with a normal attack.

In a tabletop, it'd also throw in the old dumb 'well you can't use that kind of weapon because it wouldn't be as good' that limits people's choices of weapon. Considering how goofy weapons can get in Persona, limiting people's choices by damage type would mostly just be lame. If I wanna punch shadows with a pair of puppets on my hands, just let me.

sentrygun fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 19, 2015

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Most people familiar with Persona are familiar with it because of 3 and 4. I'd suggest appealing to that for the most part just because it's what people picking it up would almost certainly be interested in and understand. There's also already a lot of elements for the average 3-4 person party to deal with just in P4's list, you probably don't need more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Between a folding chair, a golf club, some wrenches, a girl who wears impractical knight boots to kick things, a fan, and a mascot suit, and I'm probably forgetting some stuff, P4's chock full of goofy weapons on a base level. There's also plenty of joke weapons in P3, and while I couldn't tell you a single thing about P1 and 2, that kind of feeds into my 'most people didn't play the old Personas' comment.

Basically, I'd say it depends on the tone people want to go with for their game. This just makes people being able to choose whatever they want even more important so they can decide if they're going with Special Forces High School Kids with assault rifles, or "yo I found some katanas in my dad's closet" levels of goof.

• Locked thread