Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Lord Frisk posted:

You guys would probably poo poo bricks if it ever snowed on the 4th of July.

Just another day in paradise.

Where do you live that it snows on 4th of July? Because yes, there is a decent chunk of America that would poo poo bricks if it snowed in the middle of Summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Lord Frisk posted:

In America's high five. It doesn't often, but it has before. We had snow in June this year, so I dunno what to tell you.

I'm shittin' bricks

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Sion posted:

I have gone with Shadowrun.

I'd be interested in hearing how this goes. I started playing Dragonfall a couple nights ago. It's my first exposure to the Shadowrun setting, but drat if it doesn't sell it. It makes me interested in trying the tabletop game, but I've heard as a system it is rather rough.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

13th Age and Strike are hallmarks of reactionary politics. Those games, their players, and their designers should be purged for the glory of the Worker's Republic of Gaming.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

e: gently caress, it isn't worth it

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Ningyou posted:

ummmmm well when folks say 'corporations are people' i don't think they mean it in the 'can get their gently caress on' sense :(

That's a shame. If I could literally gently caress a corporation then there would be something to like about them.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Can Eberron be played like Shadowrun because if so I could definitely get behind that.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

chaos rhames posted:

The whole narrative of "Theres orcs living in that dungeon, kill them and take their stuff because a guy in a bar told you" is kind of messed up when you think about it. Just roll with an evil empire or pirates or something and it'll be fine.

It's really the fact that, in D&D-land, there are only two good Orcs. Orcs touched with the blessing of civilization or dead orcs. Casual observers will say "what's the big deal, they're just monsters" but anyone who puts even an ounce of thought into it will see a troubling pattern of murdering sapient beings because of their race and alleged savagery which is something that has happened in real life to human beings and which is still believed to be righteous by racists, even if they have toned down the overt nature of their rhetoric.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

fosborb posted:

So, for the first time, I'm watching a youtube channel play a one shot hack I wrote.

I'm not actually published, but for those who are, how do you do this without consuming entirely too alcohol?

In situations like this, I find the best solution is to drink.

oh

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I just loathe nerds.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Effectronica posted:

What the hell. Are you confusing me with someone else?

Shitposters kind of blur together sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Lord Frisk posted:

For shame, badwrongfun.

People called nerdy people "nerd." Real groundbreaking poo poo. He really showed that IRC channel.

• Locked thread