Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
various doodles, apologies for the lovely cell-phone quality.

I really want to break out my brush and ink, but they're 2000 miles away, so in the meanwhile I'm stuck with pens and crayola pencils.

snucks fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Feb 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Octahedron posted:

I like your idea for this scene, and the little fox character. Like others have mentioned too, I'm not super fond of the antler crossing the tree, and I think the tree between the deer and fox's head is kinda distracting as well - I think the easiest solution is to just remove both, unless you're particularly sold on them :v: - and I think you could also push your values further, as things are looking a bit flat to me. I did a quick paintover to better show what I mean (I hope that's ok!)

This looks a lot better. It's hard to subtract work you've already put into a picture as an artist, but the framing here looks much more striking, and equally natural. SirJohanna, if you go back and touch this piece up, make sure that the trees have hue and saturation dependent on their distance; there's enough depth in the scene to make them really useful as reference for how far back the field stretches.

• Locked thread