Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
Some quick, dirty concepts for this thing I'm fooling around with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend

Propitious Jerk posted:

Made a new header for my facebook page. I'll probably be using this for my business cards as well.

These are very cool. Looks like concept drawings for game sprites and environments? I'm really digging the blocky facial features, they'd probably translate really well into low-poly 3d.
Nice coloring! Is there a story behind this.. uh slimey can-beast?

Yeah, going for drawn animations so trying to figure out a simple design for a huge number of characters so I can poop 'em out with the same base animations. Here's a quick test with no extra hand-drawn frames (body moving to the side, eyes blinking etc.).

Some stuff - like legs - will probably have to have hand drawn frames to look nice though I kinda like the sort of whimsy papercut animation style.. I mean.. LOOK AT HIM GO!

Imaginary Friend fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Feb 26, 2015

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
Thanks for the feedback, folks. I'm still experimenting with the actual character style so it doesn't look as jagged when the body parts are moving without having to draw extra frames by hand so any tips on how to draw body parts so they blend in nicer when just moving them instead of drawing extra frames are appreciated.

Sorry, this probably belongs to the animation thread. Here's the last one, I promise! Tried the half-ball waist this time around. Should probably darken them right limbs so it's easier to see which one's in front and behind.

• Locked thread