Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Hey I finally have a thing that matches the theme! Yay. Drew a quick piece for a thing I'm writing, my main protagonist. I was originally going to draw her screaming, didn't have the patience, and so I guess that's the next project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

They're drawings, not manipulations or traces. I draw them in little bits color by color-- I can post a progression on the next one I do if you want. The bigger ones take me about eight hours, this one took me four or five.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Did a quick drawing for the thread and saved it at a few points. Drawn using the Samsung Note tablet, a Wacom stylus from a really old Toshiba touch screen, and Sketchbook Pro.

Anyway thanks for the input.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

petrol blue posted:

:aaaaa: you can use random styluses with it? This I gotta try!

It has to be Wacom compatible, apparently Toshiba laptops went through a "wacom touch screen" phase at one point so I got lucky. There are also pen-sized ones for the Note phones, which are really nice if you don't like the tiny stylus the tablet comes with. Wacom made a $40 Bamboo stylus just for the note, which looks awesome but I haven't tried it yet.

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Neat! I thought you'd lay down big areas first, then go for the detail. It's cool to see how you just pop every area down as it's gonna be. This has a very "trainspotting" vibe to it

Dwarves dwarves dwarves I vote for dwarves do it do it.

Thanks!

I'm loving the kitty expressions up there. Also voting for dwarves because they're all about fire and brimstone and awesome stuff.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Thank you for the dorf!

Those old Toshiba styluses are tough as hell... I sat on one, snapped it in half, duct-taped it, and it's still going. I mean I look like a doofus with a taped stylus, but whatever.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Phylodox posted:

There seems to be a surprisingly good amount of money in drawing World of Warcraft fanart for people.

There used to be an online company made up of a few people that would draw your MMO character for you and they charged like $700 and up.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Poor guy, I kinda want to give him a hug. The angry nanny goblin in the jar is cracking me up too.

Okay and whichever one of you suggested Cloverpaint, holy crap thank you. Amazing program I would have never heard of.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Thing to be a poster. Imgur artifacted the hell out of it :ohdear:

Scathach fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Feb 23, 2015

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Oh yes, I see it all now. Everything is beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Sketchbook Pro and Samsung Galaxy Note tablet.

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I envy your ability to use bright colours so effectively on pictures that are otherwise basically greyscale, and I super love the cyberpunk rave feel.

Thanks! I've always been a huge fan of neon stuff.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Mar 1, 2015

• Locked thread