Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm going to say Pandaren, because while real pandas are big dumb stupids, fictional pandas are awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

JamieTheD posted:

Another book I found on expressions that was kind of useful was Making Faces: Drawing Expressions for Comics and Cartoons. If you like case study type art-books, well, I find cartoon expressions a good place to start.

Just picked this up and it's pretty great, so thanks for that! It has a slightly different take on constructing heads than Loomis that I'm finding much easier to work with too.

e: I know they're for different things, but still, it's useful to know both methods.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Feb 10, 2015

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Propitious Jerk posted:

Starting the detail work for the shadow dragon. Added deeper shadows and highlights to the head to pick out detail and brought in some textures of rusted ship hulls to add more grit to the foreground and darken it.

The original rough. For comparison:

Like Reene, I think the eye could use a bit of work, but all I'd say is that the light could be pulled back a bit to give it more depth - still white-hot in the middle, but more clearly enanating from deep inside, more ethereal.

• Locked thread