Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

^man that's about the nicest way to say it.

i am harry fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

petrol blue posted:

Got this yesterday. To say I disagree is putting it mildly.
Anyone want to buy an art book? :v:
I had this book as a kid. I totally agreed.
Good reference book for face shapes. Not a good book to explain how to draw a face.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

petrol blue posted:

I think part of it is that books like this are just outdated as well - what might have been useful for more unusual expressions ('about to sneeze'), is pretty much redundant since GIS. I knew a guy growing up who swore by his (can't recall the name) book of 'everyday poses from many angles' - again, utterly redundant now. Copyright 2008? gently caress right off.

:colbert:

No that's not right, like I said I had this when I was a kid, so it's at least 25 years old...but probably more right on the first assumption. There are whole shelves full of reference books that are utterly, utterly useless now. Any book on flowers, for example. Never, ever will there be a time, ever, when you would benefit more from looking at a mediocre ink drawing of a flower than from a hi-def macro photograph.

• Locked thread