Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Powershift posted:

Found another one. How would you like 1 of 500 italian supercar with a targa top?

http://ww2.copart.com/us/Lot/32054264?searchId=997050920

This is amazing and I want it. What's the deal with bidding on these? You need a dealer license?

Edit: awww is this an auto transmission I see before me? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Adiabatic posted:

TFR cross-postin. Went to a gun show today and got me an AK-47:

It's so cool I super like it :3:

Living in a state that doesn't hate you must be nice. You couldn't get 7.62x39 AK pattern rifles even before CT passed AWB 2.0: Ban Harder. 5.45 AKs and CZ58's were cool though, the latter of which I planned on buying at some point. At least I have my ARs and a FAL.

Guns and cars

Phone posted:

So speaking of poo poo that's awesome, saw this just now:

NC vanity tag: MINE'S R32 :swoon:

Saw this over the summer. Only one I've even seen in the wild.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Yup. WASR 10 AKM

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Home made beef stew for dinner lads and lasses. Been simmering for a while, smells delicious

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Just had some people move in the empty house behind us that has been vacant for years. The people have three dogs, and between the dogs fighting and the owners yelling at them I'm going to go insane and kill somebody. Who the gently caress owns multiple dogs when you can't control them? All I've been hearing for the past three days is what sounds like a pack of wild dogs barking and yelping and a man and woman yelling STOP! STOP! NO! NO! what the gently caress is wrong with people and their loving dogs?

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
poo poo, we talking guns and cars? I just traded the 1991 Audi v8 Quattro for a 1911. At the time it still had engine problems, a cracked radiator, a brake dragging, and the neighbor had backed into it crushing the fender into the driver's door - wedging it shut.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

leica posted:

Just had some people move in the empty house behind us that has been vacant for years. The people have three dogs, and between the dogs fighting and the owners yelling at them I'm going to go insane and kill somebody. Who the gently caress owns multiple dogs when you can't control them? All I've been hearing for the past three days is what sounds like a pack of wild dogs barking and yelping and a man and woman yelling STOP! STOP! NO! NO! what the gently caress is wrong with people and their loving dogs?

The only thing worse than neighbors is neighbors with loving pets.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

leica posted:

I'd document it and call animal control.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I honestly don't get dog ownership. Some dogs are cool, but it seems like the majority of them are retarded and/or out of control, between that and having to deal with making GBS threads, pissing, shedding, chewing, digging, barking and astronomical vet bills I have no clue why anyone would want a dog. No offense to dog people but I just don't get it.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Adiabatic posted:

Yup. WASR 10 AKM

Wow, the furniture looks a lot less like driftwood than the batch a few friends and I got three years ago.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

leica posted:

I honestly don't get dog ownership. Some dogs are cool, but it seems like the majority of them are retarded and/or out of control, between that and having to deal with making GBS threads, pissing, shedding, chewing, digging, barking and astronomical vet bills I have no clue why anyone would want a dog. No offense to dog people but I just don't get it.

We got a dog because the wife has wanted a Corgi forever, after only having cats.

We kinda regret it: We love the dog, and he isn't badly behaved, but he is always underfoot and an attention fiend.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I'll take dogs over people any day.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

InitialDave posted:

What does that even mean? Not like you'd ever take a person in as a pet, those statements make no sense.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

leica posted:

What does that even mean? Not like you'd ever take a person in as a pet, those statements make no sense.

Don't be so dense.

I for one think most cats are hell spawn so let's just all shut the gently caress up about what pets are best/make sense.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Tell me how I'm being dense

Oh wait dog avatar, never mind.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

leica posted:

the majority of them are retarded and/or out of control

The problem is not dogs, the problem is dog owners. People either get dogs that are inbred to uselessness, or refuse to train it and then act all surprised when it acts out. I guess people like the idea of having a dog, but aren't concerned with the details.

There's nothing wrong with a healthy, well-trained dog that is owned by a responsible adult.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

leica posted:

Tell me how I'm being dense

Oh wait dog avatar, never mind.
I would rather live by myself with a dog than with a roommate or family member. I'm a quiet individual though and I keep to myself often.

I will take your attention loving corgi, guy.

leica posted:

I honestly don't get people. Some people are cool, but it seems like the majority of them are retarded and/or out of control. No offense to people persons but I just don't get it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Raluek posted:

There's nothing wrong with a healthy, well-trained dog that is owned by a responsible adult.

I agree, I know people with cool dogs that are nice and well behaved (one is a GIANT Great Dane), but it just seems like the majority of people are idiot dog owners with idiot dogs that can't be controlled.

I guess what I meant earlier is that if you're not going to go about dog ownership the proper way then why even bother.

Cage posted:

I would rather live by myself with a dog than with a roommate or family member. I'm a quiet individual though and I keep to myself often.

I will take your attention loving corgi, guy.

I don't want to live with other people either, I don't see what it has to do with pets.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Pretty much everything in the world that annoys you can be boiled down to the following few words; 'people are loving idiots'

This is like 99.999999% of any problem ever.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

leica posted:

I don't want to live with other people either, I don't see what it has to do with pets.
It was in response to this:

InitialDave posted:

leica posted:

I was agreeing with him, while showing you the answer of "what does this even mean".

leica posted:

I guess what I meant earlier is that if you're not going to go about dog ownership the proper way then why even bother.
Agreed. Case closed.

Cage fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 2, 2015

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

I would choose to have my dogs over a kid.

I don't understand people who have or want kids. Basically for all of the same reasons you listed.

Also, commie, I will totally take your corgi.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

leica posted:

majority of people are idiot dog owners with idiot dogs that can't be controlled.

I think you'll find that quite a few 'dog people' agree with that statement. Other than that any dog without severe psychological or medical issues can be controlled, usually rather easily. It's just that lovely dog owners refuse to learn how to communicate with and train a dog effectively. That and most dogs are bored/restless because people are lazy fucks who think being in the backyard is the same thing as a walk.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Feb 2, 2015

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Cage posted:

I was agreeing with him, while showing you the answer of "what does this even mean".

Agreed. Case closed.

I really don't understand pet ownership though because I'm not a dog/pet person obviously, otherwise I'd have pets I suppose. No biggie though, whatever floats your boat.

iwentdoodie posted:

I would choose to have my dogs over a kid.

I don't understand people who have or want kids. Basically for all of the same reasons you listed.

Also, commie, I will totally take your corgi.

That's cool, kids aren't for everybody, I have a child but I don't get offended when people say they don't get it.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Feb 2, 2015

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Dogs want to be your best friend., cuddle buddy and force you to exercise. They're the best pet. :colbert:

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

Phone posted:

I guess I'm going to F1 this year.

Oh look new tread, and GOON MEET!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
ugh nevermind worst argument ever.

Cage fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Feb 2, 2015

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
So I think that Katy Perry just did the best halftime show on about a decade.

I'm sorry I've been gone for so long goons, work has been hell with the new boss, it's bad enough I'm refreshing my resume, and it sucks because this has pretty much been my dream job until the beginning of January.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I had Baked Alaska for the first time tonight, and it was really good.

I somehow managed to finish my piece after eating steak, salad, bread, and a hash brown thingy. I feel like death now.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

alternate.eago posted:

I'm sorry I've been gone for so long goons, work has been hell with the new boss, it's bad enough I'm refreshing my resume, and it sucks because this has pretty much been my dream job until the beginning of January.

I went down at lunch time hoping to watch some of the God drat Superbowl. I managed to watch the entirety of the halftime show, and then the kickoff of the 3rd quarter, then it was time to go back into training.

I love the reverence people have for Nissan Skylines in the US, they're not quite twelve-for-ten-cents here but they're well common. We lose our minds over, like, mid-80s Trans Ams though, so I guess it goes both ways.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

alternate.eago posted:

That was the worst halftime show since the last one.

Seriously, just bring Prince back every year. That was the last good one.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

ExplodingSims posted:

I had Baked Alaska for the first time tonight, and it was really good.

I somehow managed to finish my piece after eating steak, salad, bread, and a hash brown thingy. I feel like death now.

That looks awesome. So how do the flaming whipped cream? Mix in booze that burns off and forms a crust/shell? But does the inside of it still have an alcohol taste (not that it'd be a bad thing, just curious)?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

They just poured a flaming alcohol liquid over the whipped cream. Couldn't taste any of it afterwards either.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Mat_Drinks posted:

That looks awesome. So how do the flaming whipped cream? Mix in booze that burns off and forms a crust/shell? But does the inside of it still have an alcohol taste (not that it'd be a bad thing, just curious)?

That meringue.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

nm posted:

That meringue.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I don't "get" dogs but it is entirely a stupid people problem as noted. My neighbors have 3 awful, barking, making GBS threads, chasing, angry, badly trained ill tempered dogs that I hate all summer because they bark at my house for 20 to 30 minutes if I so much as look out my own windows in their line of sight.

They also have two awful, screaming, angry, badly trained ill mannered children. I made the connection and that was that, the dogs aren't the problem.

Also the super bowl is loving stupid and annoys me but it isn't quite as bad as working on a rusty 3.0L Vulcan. gently caress that thing so hard. At least the manifolds are ready to go on as soon as my M22x1.5 tap shows up to clean out the EGR bung threads.

PS gently caress EGR so hard why does anyone do this bullshit, manifold looks like a coal miners lung, stop making your engines smell their own farts god dammit

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

A cha-cha-cha

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Take this as you will but it's really nice to come home and to see your dog wagging his tail, really excited to see me.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

ExplodingSims posted:

Dogs want to be your best friend., cuddle buddy and force you to exercise. They're the best pet. :colbert:

My roommates have two dogs. If I wouldn't get in trouble with the cops for it, I'd have shot them both by now.

I work nights, so two dumb loving animals howling for 4-6 hours a day at anything that goes past the windows is exactly what I don't need.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Liquid Communism posted:

My roommates have two dogs. If I wouldn't get in trouble with the cops for it, I'd have shot them both by now.

I work nights, so two dumb loving animals howling for 4-6 hours a day at anything that goes past the windows is exactly what I don't need.

I hope you mean your roommates. Because that's their fault, not the dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

iwentdoodie posted:

I hope you mean your roommates. Because that's their fault, not the dogs.

All of the above. They were the dumbasses who let an idiot PI-quality friend talk them into having an Australian Shepard in the middle of the city, but the dog is so ill trained and neurotic as to be unrecoverable at this point. The other one is a miniature american eskimo who's smart enough and a huge rear end in a top hat who likes to set the idiot dog off then watch her get in trouble.

• Locked thread