Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

NSMB Wii and Wii U are both pretty good, but it's only really worth playing one because Wii U is basically a jumped up HD level pack.

Heran Bago posted:

The best one is this ROM hack of the Wii one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evu-tUNeUK8

There's some good moments in this but as a whole it came short imo, alot of the levels are extremely derivative of levels from SMB3 and SMW and alot of the original art assets look godawful, especially the static water effects and foreground weather effects. Also world 4 is called 'Sakura Village'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Does this guy have any posts in the imp zone at all?

I loved slowbeef's LP of the game but it's really really bad at showcasing the prime series for what it is and it makes me kind of sad that some people came away thinking of the games like that. I mean, really? Most of the problems/comedy in the LP came from slowbeef looking at the objective, then looking left of it and wondering where it was and proceeding to look in every direction but where it was.

Jia posted:

Can you recommend any games for devoted lovers to play together for this, the month of love

Mario Party.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Metroid Prime 1 is definitely the best, 2 is good but is full of dumb gay bullshit like ammo (why) and the dark world (why) and poo poo. 1 is a tight, deliberate package, worth stroking and rubbing and slurping and drooling on. Entering Phendrana is still one of my favourite Gaming Memories

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im going to buy my significant other hatoful boyfriend and im going to play huniepop

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mysterious loyall Y posted:

Metroid Prime 1 is definitely the best, 2 is good but is full of dumb gay bullshit like ammo (why) and the dark world (why) and poo poo. 1 is a tight, deliberate package, worth stroking and rubbing and slurping and drooling on. Entering Phendrana is still one of my favourite Gaming Memories

yah

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Katy Perry used a Wii Remote wrist strap on her microphone during the halftime show.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
a fart with the salty smell of the sea, as it wafts past your nose it leaves you questioning who dealt it

the mystery leads you to an adventure that changes your life

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Pablo Gigante posted:

Katy Perry used a Wii Remote wrist strap on her microphone during the halftime show.

she was actually playing sing party for the wii u

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Does this guy have any posts in the imp zone at all?

he does, actually

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

codenameFANGIO posted:

he does, actually

:mrgw:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

christ almighty why don't you get a cactus enema done

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

are there any good american football games on the PC

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

StashAugustine posted:

emulate madden 95

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

emulate mutant league football

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ArfJason posted:

christ almighty why don't you get a cactus enema done

Que? La anos!

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

A Steampunk Gent posted:

There's some good moments in this but as a whole it came short imo, alot of the levels are extremely derivative of levels from SMB3 and SMW and alot of the original art assets look godawful, especially the static water effects and foreground weather effects. Also world 4 is called 'Sakura Village'
I thought so too. It was neat and I don't regret playing it, but I had no feeling of progression throughout the whole thing.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

gently caress, i lold

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
just finished klling someone irl for saying diablo 2 was garbage . well, cya

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
my gaming valentine is my nintendo wii u :love:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Hey Kewpuh I know you're cracking down on ":gas: thread" but does this include a reversal of fortune on "ban OP"?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

games are poo poo bad

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
actually, turns out games are good

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stux posted:

games are poo poo bad
Wow, haha, somebody better change this guy's name... to "games are."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I want to murder that guy in the thread for it that said metroid prime 2 was bad because he watched some goons LP of it

If it was Slowbeef's LP you should also extend your murderous wishes to him cuz that is a really bad LP and all he does throughout the entire game is whine.

E: lol of course

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Slowbeef experiences Bugged Scanning Mechanics

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i would've taken 1 2d metroid game over all of the prime pieces of poo poo put together

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Stux posted:

i would've taken 1 2d metroid game over all of the prime pieces of poo poo put together

There's only one prime piece of poo poo I can see here ...

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

that would require american football to be good first

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
the american club nintendo update is amazing im crying

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

VideoGames posted:

that would require american football to be good first

after the end of the super bowl im inclined to agree

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
is super bowl the one where the orks toss the ball at the humans?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Stux posted:

games are poo poo bad

I know you don't actually feel this way but good low effort troll.

Stux posted:

I liked the 2D games a fuckton too so I understand the idea behind this but the prime series were far from pieces of poo poo.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

I liked the 2D games a fuckton too so I understand the idea behind this but the prime series were far from pieces of poo poo.

pretty sure you're doing yourself a disservice if you're comparing the 2D-games to the 3D ones since they mostly have the universe in common but play widely differently

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Ahundredbux posted:

pretty sure you're doing yourself a disservice if you're comparing the 2D-games to the 3D ones since they mostly have the universe in common but play widely differently

They're both pretty good.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ahundredbux posted:

They share a lot in terms of pacing and structure. Prime and Super Metroid especially have a lot in common.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Prime is legit better than most of the 2D metroids

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

They're both pretty good.

this is p much what im saying

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

I know you don't actually feel this way but good low effort troll.

i do not care for them

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i am mainly just sour that when it came to making a new metroid for the DS we got hunters instead of a super metroid sequel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Stux posted:

i am mainly just sour that when it came to making a new metroid for the DS we got hunters instead of a super metroid sequel

I get how you feel but at the same time eat a dick

• Locked thread