Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
ok, now bowser and link are chefs at a fancy resteraunt when peach and ganon go on a date

.....go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

hubris.height posted:

ok, now bowser and link are chefs at a fancy resteraunt when peach and ganon go on a date

.....go!
Bowser: Oh no, the soup is too hot!
Link: Yes, and

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

No!! I refuse!! Here is some Mario and Luigi as Frasier and Niles as a better prompt.

*Mario pours able juice into a digestif glass, angrily glaring at Yoshi*

Mario: This dinosaur will not stop staring at me!

*laugh track. Luigi enters*

Luigi: Sorry I'm late, Mario.

Mario: Where's Daisy?

Luigi: Ah, she wanted to come, but the poor dear had a panic attack when our gardener, Birdo, refused to help her restring her tennis racket.

*laugh track*

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

gently caress, i was playing Seaman on Dreamcast and my fish died

RIP

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Rest in piss, stux, you were too good for this thread.

In actual gaming news, finally got around to installing the Homeworld remake. On one hand, tons of nostalgia, and it's still fun to play. On the other hand, it feels like some of the UI didn't age well.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ullerrm posted:

Rest in piss, stux, you were too good for this thread.

In actual gaming news, finally got around to installing the Homeworld remake. On one hand, tons of nostalgia, and it's still fun to play. On the other hand, it feels like some of the UI didn't age well.

and that's the sequel's ui shoehorned into the original too. the original homeworld ui is menus inside of menus and it sucked.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
There's a homeworld remake? Why wasn't I told?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

and that's the sequel's ui shoehorned into the original too. the original homeworld ui is menus inside of menus and it sucked.

Yup. I keep wishing I had the sensor view (space bar) on one monitor at all times, and tactical view on the other.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Sharmat posted:

There's a homeworld remake? Why wasn't I told?

there's been a thread for ages

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I gotta be honest I don't even know what thread I'm in half the time

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i mostly find threads through my user control panel, to be honest, once in a great while visiting the imp zone, or games if i know one is coming out.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Has the taint reaper come clean yet?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Bicyclops posted:

i mostly find threads through my user control panel, to be honest, once in a great while visiting the imp zone, or games if i know one is coming out.

Open UCP, middle click all the unread posts, cycle through tabs skimming until satisfied, close browser or f5. A pathetic existence. An all too real existence.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Somebody please become my posting best friend and purchase this as their avatar, so that we can be twins.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

"my SA experience = usercp.php" is p. good title fodder, tbh.

Also, gently caress darkest dungeon forever. Just had my lv5 hellion die in two hits :( gently caress you, 54dmg crits!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
happy 40th birthday, gamemaster anthony

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

can i get a huge rear end older of flash games somewhere to kill time with in class?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
months almost over, its almost time

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Just finished the Starcraft 2 Wings of Liberty campaign for the first time. Worst written game I've seen in a while. It's like I'm inside Chris Metzen's bad self-insert fanfiction.

Fully expecting Heart of the Swarm to get even worse.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

krampster2 posted:

can i get a huge rear end older of flash games somewhere to kill time with in class?

playdominion.com

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

C&C ultimate collection is 10 dollars on origin right now and all of the games have working multiplayer, especially renegade and red alert 2

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Feb 2015 in review:

It was cold as poo poo and like half of :911: got snowden but i got a lot of gaming done. i have still not had sex for a very long time but that just means more time to play vidgames for me! the PSN, nintendo network and steam sales were pretty mediocre and I dont think i bought anything on sale. kmart's not selling games anymore, amiibos are still hard to find, and feb still the shittiest part of the year.

on the bright side the addams family pinball table finally came out in pinball arcade

my thoughts on feb 15 in summary:

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Ekster posted:

Just finished the Starcraft 2 Wings of Liberty campaign for the first time. Worst written game I've seen in a while. It's like I'm inside Chris Metzen's bad self-insert fanfiction.

Fully expecting Heart of the Swarm to get even worse.

Prepare to have your expectations met. The missions in WoL are insanely good and HoTS is even better, so the story being complete trash isn't really a big deal.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Adam Bowen posted:

Prepare to have your expectations met. The missions in WoL are insanely good and HoTS is even better, so the story being complete trash isn't really a big deal.

True, the game and campaign itself is fun. Just did the first couple of missions of HoTS, the opening movie is awesome and the missions themselves are well thought out so far.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The campaign is fun but the story is just so offensively terrible in every way that it really takes away from it

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

That's how I felt about WoL but that lowered my standards enough that I could really enjoy HoTS and not give a gently caress about the story

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
i don't see the big deal with SC2's storyline. besides kerrigan being handled rather poorly all round

i think they also said protoss won't get any new units by the time the last expansion comes out, cuz they've changed a lot already.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Excels posted:

i don't see the big deal with SC2's storyline. besides kerrigan being handled rather poorly all round

i think they also said protoss won't get any new units by the time the last expansion comes out, cuz they've changed a lot already.

it was just legitimately really boring, thats all

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

My problem with it is that the 3 alien races with incompatible ideologies battling for dominance was a perfectly enjoyable background and plenty of interesting stories could have been told with that. There was no need to poo poo up a perfectly fine sci-fi story with a bunch of fantasy garbage, especially when it's essentially the exact same garbage that they used to ruin the Warcraft Universe.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Soliciting thread titles for March's thread

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Something about a memorial to Stux

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Beware Starcraft: The Ides of March

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I just caught up on this thread, so I'm going to post in it for the few hours it has left to live. Hi thread. Video games are good.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Better Content To Dollar Ratio Than February Chat Thread

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

Better Content To Dollar Ratio Than February Chat Thread

I really appreciate the way you've upped your poo poo-posting game, I think you should ask to take Stux's place in the Doom 2 challenge.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

No thanks.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Seriously though title the next chat thread "March Chat Thread: We Will Never Bowen To Tyrants."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Passive-Aggression Aggregation Station

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
like sands in the hourglass, so are the Games of our Lives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The Kins posted:

months almost over, its almost time

That game sucks so much.

• Locked thread