Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pram
Jun 10, 2001
then people will just split into smaller corporations ya dungus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

pram posted:

then people will just split into smaller corporations ya dungus

that's good.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

that's good.

why

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
because op when youre a publicly traded corporation you are required to maximize profits for your shareholders and anything less will get you sued and outed as the head of your company the system is hosed i long for death hth

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

no. 80% from 100 million to 1 billion, and 100% for a billion +. also applies to personal income taxes and capital gains.

:psyboom:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ahmeni posted:

because op when youre a publicly traded corporation you are required to maximize profits for your shareholders and anything less will get you sued and outed as the head of your company the system is hosed i long for death hth

no poo poo

the question isn't why aren't they paying more tax, they take advantage of the legal loopholes etc

I guess I'm just curious of how anybody would morally/ethically defend it

also shareholders.. hardly any of apple profit goes 2 them most just stays in their large Scrooge mcduck money pit

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

think of the childtrnd

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

echinopsis posted:

also shareholders.. hardly any of apple profit goes 2 them most just stays in their large Scrooge mcduck money pit

ohhhh echi

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>

echinopsis posted:

no poo poo

the question isn't why aren't they paying more tax, they take advantage of the legal loopholes etc

I guess I'm just curious of how anybody would morally/ethically defend it

why would you defend a corporation at all?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

theadder posted:

ohhhh echi

didn't they only start doing dividends the other day and it's like $4 per share or something equally pathetic and token

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

echinopsis posted:

didn't they only start doing dividends the other day and it's like $4 per share or something equally pathetic and token

well at least stebe's widow gets like 150 million bucks

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

black man 3 posted:

Apple is gay and steve jobs died because he was a retarded vegan or fruitarian or whatever and thought he could cure cancer with mystical hindu voodoo powers

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

echinopsis posted:

that's not how this works if they have lots of cash its included in the valuation and represented in share price increases

also maybe tim is saving for something

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

(he's gonna buy rodrocket)

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>

black man 3 posted:

Apple is gay and steve jobs died because he was a retarded vegan or fruitarian or whatever and thought he could cure cancer with mystical hindu voodoo powers

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

theadder posted:

that's not how this works if they have lots of cash its included in the valuation and represented in share price increases

also maybe tim is saving for something

what I mean is how are shareholders taxed for the profits apple makes if apple isn't paying them directly and regardless do u believe all companies should be as tax exempt

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
why are you arguing with a gimmick poster

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

echinopsis posted:

what I mean is how are shareholders taxed for the profits apple makes if apple isn't paying them directly and regardless do u believe all companies should be as tax exempt

shareholders have to pay capital gains tax on the value of their slice of the company & if apple has huge amounts in the bank this value is higher

all it does is shift the payment from apple inc to individual or institutional shareholders

increase the capital gains tax rate to compensate

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

prob not much either bc its not as if companies actually pay much tax now

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Fabricated posted:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Fabricated posted:

it isn't a gimmick if he only posts the truth

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

theadder posted:

shareholders have to pay capital gains tax on the value of their slice of the company & if apple has huge amounts in the bank this value is higher

all it does is shift the payment from apple inc to individual or institutional shareholders

increase the capital gains tax rate to compensate

that's the theory anyway the share market is fickle

anway still not a reason to not tax apple up the fuckin rear end

Fabricated posted:

who's a gimmick :[

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

echinopsis posted:

who's a gimmick :[

he doesnt like me (on the internet)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
if only you posted more obscure moronic poo poo like me people would find it harder to pigeonhole you

pram
Jun 10, 2001
hes a serious shsc guy with serious opionions about hardware/software crap

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

echinopsis posted:

if only you posted more obscure moronic poo poo like me people would find it harder to pigeonhole you

lol

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

the odd thing about it is it presupposes some posts not being gimmicks

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Apple should be subsidized

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

anti trust them out, make them have Internet explorer its Java or flash or whatever

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
But seriously, taxes stifle innovation and america has the highest corporate tax of any country. Apple is already paying more than their fair share.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol nice neolib answer douchebag. higher tax means they need to innovate even more to make more money

rich people will be rich and make money regardless of tax situation. they will still work out best way to get rich. taxing them less just makes life easier on them

no rich person ever said "welp I guess since tax is high we shohld just try less hard"

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

do you really post in shsc

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

let's lf this fucker up

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
its called the apple tax, op

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

echinopsis posted:

do you really post in shsc

pram means the duck guy

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
actually Apple pays the highest corporate taxes of huge scale companies at 26%. It is the biggest single tax payer in the United States. its International earnings are taxed in their respective regions and not in the U.S. if you feel that your country is not getting a sufficient cut of Apple's sales, contact your government.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

theadder posted:

pram means the duck guy

that guy is just quackers :haw:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
:pram:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.