Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
apple products are trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Management posted:

actually Apple pays the highest corporate taxes of huge scale companies at 26%. It is the biggest single tax payer in the United States. its International earnings are taxed in their respective regions and not in the U.S. if you feel that your country is not getting a sufficient cut of Apple's sales, contact your government.

idgaf 26% is waay too low. and absolute numbers mean jack poo poo. if 26% is as high as corporate tax rates go then corporate tax rate law is hosed up and based around making sure the richest people get even richer. there is no humanist way to justify it

and they do they thing over in ireland. and of course apple spends mega bucks minimising its tax footprint its only logical but the loopholes that exist should be closed. every company should face the same high tax to incentivise them to innovate

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
a visual representation of a company bemoaning the idea that it doesn't pay enough tax

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

echinopsis posted:

idgaf 26% is waay too low. and absolute numbers mean jack poo poo. if 26% is as high as corporate tax rates go then corporate tax rate law is hosed up and based around making sure the richest people get even richer. there is no humanist way to justify it

and they do they thing over in ireland. and of course apple spends mega bucks minimising its tax footprint its only logical but the loopholes that exist should be closed. every company should face the same high tax to incentivise them to innovate

maybe vote about it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

echinopsis posted:

if 26% is as high as corporate tax rates go then corporate tax rate law is hosed up and based around making sure the richest people get even richer.

you

don't

say

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Wootman posted:

apple products are trash

woooooooooooooooooo from outta nowhere!

take that crapple sheeple :chord:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

i own one or more apple products

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

in fact im using one right now

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
i love nerds simplifying the world and throwing out impossible ideas out on how to improve it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MeruFM posted:

i love nerds simplifying the world and throwing out impossible ideas out on how to improve it

yes sure maybe of course im sure its more complex blah blah and this thread has shone a light for sure
but you're a fool if you also don't realise tax law is designed generally with keeping richer happier than anything else. maybe a bit of balance thrown in to keep the plebs from revolting too much but its mostly a token thing

PuTTY riot posted:

maybe vote about it

i did. it didnt do poo poo

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
There is a study floating around that shows when people win the lottery they suddenly shift to the right. :henget:

I'm all for it OP if you introduce a GMI at the same time with all your newfound piles of money and don't plow it all into new aircraft carriers or something.

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
i agree
burn the rich

i need a burn-the-rich app though. Also please make it work on older iphones, and I'd rather not register if possible.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

woooooooooooooooooo from outta nowhere!

take that crapple sheeple :chord:

hell ya you got the right idea!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

MeruFM posted:

i agree
burn the rich

i need a burn-the-rich app though. Also please make it work on older iphones, and I'd rather not register if possible.

an app that pays a million dollars to one user and makes his phone overheat and combust if a million other users pay $1 to make it happen :q:

• Locked thread