Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Isn't the signup window for obamacare over? It was nov 15 to feb 15 I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
probably yeah, the news was jammering on about it the other day

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
how can they just make it impossible to sign up for something like that at any point idgi

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
it's the government, they're retarded.

I'm thinking we get some kinda special sign up period because we're retard vets but I'm a retard vet so what would I know.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Tax return came in :toot:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Yeah, I do, but this is free. It's just slow as poo poo.
To clarify, yes, I actually have real people non-Skilcraft healthcare, but anything that isn't super serious that I can get for free from the VA I'm gonna take. I am fortunate enough to be neither tremendously hosed up nor dependant upon the VA (or any other government-sponsored system) for care. :)

Also pretty interesting is that the drugs and pain relief the doc wanted were not what the pharmacist gave me, but they did throw in a whole bunch of ibuprofen! :toot:

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Feb 27, 2015

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Cole posted:

how can they just make it impossible to sign up for something like that at any point idgi

I imagine it involves budgeting all the associated subsidies and whatnot into the fiscal year. With that said I've gotten a pretty decent bit of leeway from my professors as I go through my P&E exams by explaining to them that I am at the mercy of a the VA and they suck. Ymmv

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Went to go refind where one of my classes is today because I haven't shown up to it for a month. Of course there's too many people in there to take attendance, and everything is turned in online so I'm still getting an A.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Isn't the signup window for obamacare over? It was nov 15 to feb 15 I think.

I kept getting e-mails about it but everytime I tried to login or reset my password the system would poo poo itself and present me with the same options: login or change password.

THANKS OBAMA (but for real)

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Obamacare is pretty swell.

How much you paying per month if you don't mind me asking?

AllDogsGoodDogs
Dec 30, 2008
I tried signing up but the website is poo poo. It tells me I will have options in the marketplace but it is always blank. So gently caress it guess ill die and gently caress the VA too.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Just realized that it's been one year since the first time I woke up and didn't have to shave. It'll be one year actually a free man on Sunday. :toot:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Holy poo poo. I hit five years last month.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Jesus, I just passed year two.

Why did I wait until a year after I got out to start growing a beard?!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The military? What's that?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I use the microwave at the vets lounge at school for my lunch. Always walk in, microwave, and out, never hang around. It's so full of bad stereotypes. Huge dudes with multicam hats with goddamn rank patches on the back. (Dude who the gently caress cares if you were an SFC, you're out now.) Constant "this one time on deployment" conversations. And dudes spitting dip right into trash cans. I get this Patrick Bateman feeling of absolute revulsion when I see that.

Seriously, you're not in your platoon bay anymore dude, try to have at least some class.

This is why I don't hang out there.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Just hit 17

:toot:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Ogrel72 posted:

Just hit 17

:toot:

What was the civil war like?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Atlanta was nice, would recommend the field medicine though

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
3 more years for the big out for 20 mark and i can talk about *some* things

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
3 years and change :toot:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

ded posted:

3 more years for the big out for 20 mark and i can talk about *some* things

like how gay it really gets 100m below the waves ;-*

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Hitting my 5 year mark in 3 weeks

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

like how gay it really gets 100m below the waves ;-*

i could tell you about the towed array room and how its very uhm... cramped

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Dugan Ashley

Dugan is the HMFIC and face of Carnik Con. He's the brain whose humor litters Carnik Con productions. He has a background in retail/corporate sales and military. Dugan's miltary expertise includes: eating MREs, making GBS threads into said MRE bags, detecting IEDs with vehicle tires, being randomly shot at by assholes, attracting mortars, sandbags (all aspects) and being randomly shot at by assholes–while making GBS threads.

lmbo

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Get that man on GiP.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
all this talk about how long you guys have been in is really making GBS threads up the vet thread

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Uh, we're talking about how long we've been out.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

7 years in a couple months.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Uh, we're talking about how long we've been out.

oh. i've only been out since may so it is weird to think that one day it will be years since i have been out.

do you guys become cool people or are you all still gay mil dudes

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Cole posted:

oh. i've only been out since may so it is weird to think that one day it will be years since i have been out.

been out for almost four years

just look at my posts

spoiler: gay mil dude 4 life

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Cole posted:

:gay:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Def. still gay as gently caress.

But now I have a beard, so it's OK.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
No beard, longer hair, work at a desk with my name on it, and attend school. I'm as vanilla as they come nowadays post-mil.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

holocaust bloopers posted:

No beard, longer hair, work at a desk with my name on it, and attend school. I'm as vanilla as they come nowadays post-mil.

:geno::hf::geno:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
gay as gently caress and a huge vet beard

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i gots a huge beard and i yell at people constantly when the gently caress up (which is constantly) so :shrug:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
I find the occasional psychotic snaps from reality really spices up post military life, and when burning yourself with lighters stops being enough bath salts are everywhere there's poor African Americans and Gas Stations anywhere that used to be confederate.

Also if I did have a facebook I would changey gender to confederate or trans-states-rights.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

I find the occasional psychotic snaps from reality really spices up post military life, and when burning yourself with lighters stops being enough bath salts are everywhere there's poor African Americans and Gas Stations where it used to be the confederate states of merica.

Also if I did have a facebook I would change my gender to confederate or trans-states-rights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
gently caress quote!=edit

• Locked thread