Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Hahaha my 2 story poo poo cabin lived on in my absence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

BERGfu posted:

i died falling off it more than once

edit: while being attacked and i was archerying, i'm not randomly falling off roofs

Delamore
Jan 11, 2008

Monocle Man
So when the server is up, first thing you should do is try to get to the big white light in the sky and convert to a god if you want to become priest. All priests are good at pvp but Fo and Magnaron are probably the best for fighting.

After that it's pretty much a mad rush to find a good place to settle, finding horses and trying to find out where the Lady in the Lake is that gives out the king title at the start so we can hopefully get a goon king.

Turkeybro
Nov 12, 2011

Looking for strong men to discover what's under the helmet.
I could only resist about 10 days last challenge server before getting angry at our allies and HOTS in general and quitting to do more productive things, hopefully whitelight side is less spergy.

Gonna chop a hundred logs and then make thousands of shafts and be first to 100 carpentry then ragequit again this time probably.

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug
Server is up, gonna get the banner ad now, get in the mumble chat if you can make the initial rush. Details for it in in the private wiki and steam group

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!
This could be fun for a few days

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
There was a post here but it was eaten by the son of a troll.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Feb 12, 2015

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

BERGfu posted:

I tore it down in the 3rd week. :colbert:

While tearing it down I was occasionally attacked by a floating zombie shark :black101:

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Requested access to the wiki under the same username.

I'm home sick all week. This looks like a fun way to screw around and waste time whenever I'm semi-coherent.

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

So hey, who do I need to bother to get set up with y'all

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Saw the banner ad, I want people to tell me that they're going to murder then rape me because I'm loving poo s.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

Saw the banner ad, I want people to tell me that they're going to murder then rape me because I'm loving poo s.

Sorry. Other way around. You can murder and rape me while I read a book.

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug
Quick update on the first day of this scenario, looks like there's a smaller server population overall, but our village is starting out with more players than last scenario, and we have a large pubbie town right next to us and we've generally been minding our own business. There's lots of small skirmishes and 1v1 fights breaking out around the server at random, don't think I've seen more than 5 players on a dogpile at once. We've killed a few scrubs that wandered too close to our village, but for now we're mostly focusing on building the village and crafting equipment.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Did you stick the defensive tower in a gently caress off place like last time?

PhantomZero
Sep 7, 2007
I wanted to like Wurm, but the grind really prevented me from doing so. Hopefully this challenge server stuff will make it more fun!

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
The banner ad got my interest and the bear mount waddling won me over.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I'll give this a try. Game name = Trastion

Ok I have no idea how to do anything. I did kill a young bear but then got killed by some big flying thing.

Controls are horrid.

Trastion fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Feb 13, 2015

Primaris
Feb 15, 2004
11 out of 12 physicians agree I have a large penis.
In as jerk gonna send a pm to one of you guys

LordOfTheNoobs
Sep 7, 2009

Never played Wurm Online, so going in as LordOfTheNoobs

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
e: dork that can't read

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In as nietzscheansa will see if I can get some buddies in on this too. From the writeup it reminds me of minecraft pvp maps like blockskriege or siegecraft, but with actual graphics! should be fun.

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012
Wait, Wurm is actually worth playing now? Last I played I ended up quitting because all I ended up doing was spamming some priest skills all day and night using a macro of a sort, and pretty much nothing else.

I'd consider going a Fo priest again, but considering that the Challenge server is PVP-orientated with the higher fight skill at the start, how is the crafting side of it as well? With now that we can build multi-storey buildings and whatnot, I'm rather tempted to not be a priest so that I can build my own castle to die miserably in due to some strange mechanic of some sort.

Edit: Joining as Gloha, I need to build my castle and drop a target somewhere far away below to train archery off.

Karistar fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Feb 13, 2015

DrTempest
Dec 11, 2011

It's not cute. It's all very serious.
I'm some buddies!

Signing up as DrTempest.

Now time to actually read up on this game.

EDIT: Now known as DrTempestSA, because game didn't send email.

DrTempest fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Feb 13, 2015

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do we have a policy for inviting non-goon friends to play? I have a couple of dudes I play online games with who are not willing to fork up :10bux: or let me buy them an account.

e1: Also how do you send a pm? Trying the format in the OP just results in [22:02:51] Unknown command: /pm Hello this is Nietzschean from SA, please hold babby's hand. Ratskull

e2: The solution is /tell <name> <message> and apparently also to kill you are self as soon as you load grid. :iamafag:

Addamere fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Feb 13, 2015

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug

Nietzschean posted:

Do we have a policy for inviting non-goon friends to play? I have a couple of dudes I play online games with who are not willing to fork up :10bux: or let me buy them an account.

e1: Also how do you send a pm? Trying the format in the OP just results in [22:02:51] Unknown command: /pm Hello this is Nietzschean from SA, please hold babby's hand. Ratskull

Well gently caress me, I had the syntax for PMs backwards. Fixed it in the OP. And non-goons can join the village, we already have a couple of pretty cool pubbies here already. Well except for one really obnoxious guy that we should probably wall in tomorrow and kick him from the village unless he shuts up.

DrTempest
Dec 11, 2011

So... it says if you didn't get an email, to contact a game master. Without linking a direct way to contact a game master. Anyone point me in the right direction?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

DrTempest posted:

So... it says if you didn't get an email, to contact a game master. Without linking a direct way to contact a game master. Anyone point me in the right direction?

If you mean for registering, it was sent to my Spam box when I did; maybe check there?

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Will I be of any use is I can only pop on for like four hours a week?

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Wow I may have to check this out. If nothing else the graphics have improved massively since that one time I spent about 3 minutes checking it out several years ago, I never would have guessed the screenshots posted were from the same game.

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

Ziggy Starfucker posted:

Well gently caress me, I had the syntax for PMs backwards. Fixed it in the OP. And non-goons can join the village, we already have a couple of pretty cool pubbies here already. Well except for one really obnoxious guy that we should probably wall in tomorrow and kick him from the village unless he shuts up.

you should probably do that because it is the reason I logged off after 20 minutes

DrTempest
Dec 11, 2011

tlarn posted:

If you mean for registering, it was sent to my Spam box when I did; maybe check there?

Nope, nothing. Any suggestions on how to get a game master to master my game?

Fogie
Mar 1, 2003

bearback mountain 07 was great, and I'm glad to see the game taking a turn for the better

firing up my old character: Fogie

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trip report number one: killed my am self, spawned inside a closet, wandered around falling off of cliffs and was killed by a crocodile. :downs:

Trip report number two: spawned inside a closet, was unable to leave closet due to some sort of clipping error, a helpful goon closed the door which allowed me to walk through it. :iiam:

Trip report the third: spent half an hour spamming "mine" at a wall and have accumulated a pile of rock shards which I can only assume are useful. I have also gained longsword skill in the process. :confuoot:

Trip report the fourth: server down :cry:

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug

DrTempest posted:

Nope, nothing. Any suggestions on how to get a game master to master my game?

Did you register with a gmail account? For some reason Rolf's character signup system doesn't play well with gmail. If all else fails just make another character request with a different name

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Nietzschean posted:

Trip report the third: spent half an hour spamming "mine" at a wall and have accumulated a pile of rock shards which I can only assume are useful. I have also gained longsword skill in the process. :confuoot:

You were hitting the mine wall with a sword to break off chunks instead of a pickaxe

..the equip system is not very logical

Impotence fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Feb 13, 2015

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Biowarfare posted:

You were hitting the mine wall with a sword to break off chunks instead of a pickaxe

..the equip system is not very logical

Yeah I couldn't figure out why I couldn't chop down a tree or dig until someone told me that I needed to double click the item in my inventory so it turned green to "activate" it.

I started to get the hang of things a little last night and even helped kill some enemy guys who were by our village.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Trastion posted:

Yeah I couldn't figure out why I couldn't chop down a tree or dig until someone told me that I needed to double click the item in my inventory so it turned green to "activate" it.

I started to get the hang of things a little last night and even helped kill some enemy guys who were by our village.

Wait til you gently caress up archery and accidentaly throw your high-level sword at an enemy

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug

Herr Tog posted:

Will I be of any use is I can only pop on for like four hours a week?

That's enough to help out with some of the big PvP battles over the weekend if our other village members can provide proper weapons and armor. Or you could just use the default spawn gear and if you get lucky you can loot a corpse for something better. I'd recommend letting a cow kick you while afk for about half an hour first though to get your weapon/shield skills at or near maximum.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Ziggy Starfucker posted:

I'd recommend letting a cow kick you while afk for about half an hour first though to get your weapon/shield skills at or near maximum.

ok you need to explain this. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Ziggy Starfucker posted:

That's enough to help out with some of the big PvP battles over the weekend if our other village members can provide proper weapons and armor. Or you could just use the default spawn gear and if you get lucky you can loot a corpse for something better. I'd recommend letting a cow kick you while afk for about half an hour first though to get your weapon/shield skills at or near maximum.

This game sounds hilarious.

• Locked thread