Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
well for that I believe I would actually have to pay actual money, but I could plunk down a minimal amount of cash so that I may once again become the Duchess of Dogpit.

You should have seen Hacienda Dogpit. It was a marvel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaur
Jun 5, 2005

uguu~
Hello, it's been a long time since I was carving out tunnel networks for Bearback Mountain. My username is JaurXe because my old account is stuck in the Chaos server and I can't wait to wrestle some pigs and stuff.

Edit: Wait, it's over. Oops. Until next time!

Jaur fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Mar 16, 2015

Asterie
Oct 24, 2010
My username is Asterie.

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

Xibanya posted:

Not yet since I wasn't sure if anyone would care, but I'll scope out a nice patch of land tonight. tbqh I can't remember where I am on Xanadu...probably on a boat that has decayed away sitting on the coast (pubbietopia). Do you prefer to be near pubbies or far from pubbies?

I might be interested if you get a village up. I already fell off a cliff and lost all my old stuff, so...

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
We're currently heading back to our village, Dogpit. Send a pm on Xanadu to Summerrose, Duchess of Dogpit, or Hempfire, Vicar of Dogpit, to get in on the fun times. Fun is subjective. This is Wurm. You knew what you were getting into. If anyone else actually gets on, we'll get in mumble.

EDIT: We're in the mumble outlined in the wiki presently.

EDIT EDIT: Back at Hacienda Dogpit, the structure still stands and all our neighbors' shitshacks have rotted away so there's plenty of room for more shitshacks! Goons, come on down!

Xibanya fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Mar 17, 2015

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug
Here's an old picture I took of Casa Dogpit. I planned it out to look like a Spanish villa

Casa Dogpit is in the middle of the northeast quadrant of Xanadu - it's a remote area that doesn't have many pubbies or ruins to loot but it's a safe place for everyone to learn the game and there's lots of mostly unspoiled areas to build. Eventually I'd like to lead an expedition over to the older goontowns and see how they're doing on the west side of the server where there's also more pubbies to mess with. I'll get back on the steam group if anyone needs an invite to the homestead, also you can try sending a private message to Hempfire or Summerrose

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
How do you mess with pubbies on a PVE server in this game out of curiosity?

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Tom Powers posted:

How do you mess with pubbies on a PVE server in this game out of curiosity?

It is "a art", so to speak.

1. a stunning number of them build poo poo off deeds
2. A lot of them get mad if you ruin the environment that is actually "public land" (making deserts, chopping down trees)

Fun fact about making deserts - if you get a patch of sand big enough, it'll become a desert/shoreline biome and spawn crocs.

Xibanya fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 17, 2015

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Oh yeah, and it's fuckin hard to get rid of a statue once it's put down, so we put those on pubbie deeds too. Especially if they're dumb enough to not lock the front door of their house (rather common).

We also found a bunch of abandoned gear on an unfinished road near our deed. Lots of half-assed projects to rob!

EDIT: Also, there's always off-deed mine doors to bash in.

Xibanya fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Mar 17, 2015

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
Oh nice. I've been wandering around sort of aimlessly looking for Dogpit and found a bunch of stuff that wasn't bolted down.

I figured if somebody left it lying around there was probably some protection in place.

Not that I really know what to do with it at this point.

There was a cart in the middle of a big hole that looked like I could have taken it.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Tom Powers posted:

Oh nice. I've been wandering around sort of aimlessly looking for Dogpit and found a bunch of stuff that wasn't bolted down.

I figured if somebody left it lying around there was probably some protection in place.

Not that I really know what to do with it at this point.

There was a cart in the middle of a big hole that looked like I could have taken it.

What's your handle on Xanadu? Looks like you just missed us!

And yah, steal whatever isn't bolted down!

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
I'm Tompowers. According to some sign I'm heading towards some kind of a pirate cove city (something like that) at E21 and I'll call it a night.

Edit: Found the desert of a million hostile enemies, decided to take a shortcut to some "newbie academy" because I thought I could see some smoke from it in the near distance. It was a fire spider. So I'm not entirely sure where I'm at but I managed to bank my money somewhere. :shrug:

Tom Powers fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Mar 17, 2015

shitting stars
Jun 11, 2008

Tom Powers posted:

Found the desert of a million hostile enemies, decided to take a shortcut to some "newbie academy" because I thought I could see some smoke from it in the near distance. It was a fire spider. So I'm not entirely sure where I'm at

Sounds like you are getting the true Wurm experience.

I really love this terrible game, I just wish it wasn't so incredibly grindy.

shitting stars fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Mar 17, 2015

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Tom Powers posted:

I'm Tompowers. According to some sign I'm heading towards some kind of a pirate cove city (something like that) at E21 and I'll call it a night.

Edit: Found the desert of a million hostile enemies, decided to take a shortcut to some "newbie academy" because I thought I could see some smoke from it in the near distance. It was a fire spider. So I'm not entirely sure where I'm at but I managed to bank my money somewhere. :shrug:

One of us will send you an invite to Dogpit later today. It'll either be from me (Summerrose) or SA's very own Wurm messiah, Johnny Rascal (Hempfire) :v:

shitting stars
Jun 11, 2008

Xibanya posted:

SA's very own Wurm messiah, Johnny Rascal (Hempfire) :v:

Does Serpentarius still play this? I know for the last half-decade that every time I logged in he was always there, grinding away. He seemed to be the one of the only constants between all of the various groups and projects.

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
Yeah I am enjoying the wurm experience but I have to say I am pretty sure I'm accomplishing nothing.

In the game, I mean.

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

That's the game

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Tom Powers posted:

Yeah I am enjoying the wurm experience but I have to say I am pretty sure I'm accomplishing nothing.

In the game, I mean.

Hey, let us know when you're online and in Xanadu, I tried to invite you to the village but I can only do it when you're online.

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

lol

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.

making GBS threads stars posted:

Does Serpentarius still play this? I know for the last half-decade that every time I logged in he was always there, grinding away. He seemed to be the one of the only constants between all of the various groups and projects.

He's slowly gone insane from a combination of bad gameplay and the exertion of herding goons. The asylum still lets him play during free time though.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
Suppose I can give this a try. You're looking for one SordasVolantyr.

Sordas Volantyr fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jun 1, 2015

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

Sordas Volantyr posted:

The last post was two months ago dude.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.

Sordas Volantyr posted:

We did have a new guy start a couple days ago, he's busily burning himself out making a shack in the quarantine zone down the mountain. I can try to get you added to the village if you want to join him in his quest to build a ghetto and then quit.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone know if theres any word in CHALLENGE yet 3rd round?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Depends posted:

He's slowly gone insane from a combination of bad gameplay and the exertion of herding goons. The asylum still lets him play during free time though.

They must have not figured out about the Horse Eugenics Program.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Biowarfare posted:

Anyone know if theres any word in CHALLENGE yet 3rd round?

None yet.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Xibanya posted:

None yet.

I wish they would learn what a monthly challenge means, I need something to play and I'm just really horribly turned off normal wurm because of the time that rolf wiped/reset my skills because he thought they were too high or something.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
This is my regular "hey has Rolf allowed private servers for this game yet" post.

Hey, has Rolf allowed private servers for this game yet?

Chakron
Mar 11, 2009

Cantorsdust posted:

This is my regular "hey has Rolf allowed private servers for this game yet" post.

Why would that ever happen? That would be terrible. Private servers are always terrible refuges for addicts anyway.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Cantorsdust posted:

No because he made a game geared for PvE that he keeps insisting is optimized for PvP and he's also a crazy man with crazy priorities.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Chakron posted:

Why would that ever happen? That would be terrible. Private servers are always terrible refuges for addicts anyway.

I agree partly because I think Wurm is best the way it is, but do private servers typically have weird spergy drama? First time I've heard someone against private servers.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Avocados posted:

I agree partly because I think Wurm is best the way it is, but do private servers typically have weird spergy drama? First time I've heard someone against private servers.

If we're talking about servers not run officially,
They ALWAYS have weird spergy drama, in addition to favouritism, admin abuse, ddosing people, ddosing competitors/other private servers, half of them being atached to malware/keyloggers to steal official server logins, [........],

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

Sounds like your problem Wurm

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug
Holy poo poo, Rolf just announced his imminent plan to add a Steam version of Wurm that can be ran locally or as a private server:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/366220

edit: haha people on the official forums are losing their poo poo over the news:
http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/130574-wurm-unlimited-announcement/

Ziggy Starfucker fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Sep 16, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lol

Piglet
Jan 22, 2002

Zub! Zub!
What an interesting development. I will need to read up on the details tonight.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Oh my word, the pubbie tear-extracting possibilities opening up...

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if there is a good server to play on once this happens someone make a new thread or something tia

ive never played this game but id try it if we could ruin peoples good times

Piglet
Jan 22, 2002

Zub! Zub!
Well one obvious side effect of this "host your own server" thing is that it'll be harder to annoy people if that's what you're after. You'll either just get banned by the server owner or the annoyed people will find a different server or start their own private server..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Biowarfare posted:

LIF is a scam anyway. LIF:YO is beyond trash, unplayable, and they rtied to charge original KS MMO backers for it.

I know bobik, it's unfortunately not a scam. Unfucking wurm is hard. :(

• Locked thread