Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Biowarfare posted:

is there any docs on the wurm unlimited server yet? i mean the big question is probably "does it even support linking two servers"

Yes it does, so expect people to go a bit mad and almost all servers being connected to each other.

Its one of the few pieces of info I have gathered in between laughing at all the existing Wurm players and how they are acting as if the sky is falling. Its those players which are one of the reasons why Wurm never has taken off, well and the fact it has a skill grind that's worse than real life, looks like it was made in the 90's and has a developer whose incompetent, but if it wasn't for all those things it would have been a success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
Really could do with a thread in the main Games forum creating for this nearer time of release, given its new form is not a MMO.

Very surprised by the price, I was expecting it to be high but hes priced it very competitively.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Karistar posted:

If unrestricted cross-server play is a thing, I'd rather see our server being 'the hive of villainy' and whatnot. Essentially, we play the part of 'Pirate Island', and crash different servers whenever we feel like it. We could call ourselves the Vikings and say we're here in the name of the gods and whatnot if we want to RP at them at the same time to make them even more mad when the wave of naked invaders rush through their villagers. With the 'games' essentially knocking out the weakest links in our server, hopefully we'd end up with the best of like-minded people living in our server to conduct massive raids against fortified pubbie servers.

If Public/Private settings are can be changed at any time once the server has started, it'd be ideal to look for the perfect spot for a huge castle to build up before allowing others in, so that we have a near impregnable base to always sortie out of. It might just be that I feel like being autistic spending hours building walls again like in the last challenge server again, but hopefully if this becomes real I'd have the time to do it all over again like that time.

The servers have to be linked i.e. both servers have to agree to being linked together.

You can customise a lot with the servers from release (e.g. skill gain speed, action timers, etc) but given the server code can be fully decompiled thanks to being java it will be fairly straightforward to create new modifications to make a server do what ever you want it to. The game has a lot of promise and you should be able to remove all the things that makes playing Wurm such a painful experience.

• Locked thread