Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soral
May 30, 2009

i have a pitiful 245 coins to spend... but there are some good virtual console games i can get for that. not a total loss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crown Face
Sep 24, 2008
Had 1350 coins from not spending any ever and got Wii Fit U and I'm trying to decide between Kid Icarus Uprising or NES Remix + Something Else or finding some way to get like 10 more coins for the jigsaw puzzle.

Please help me what do I do.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I got the bag now I have 300 left.

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Crown Face posted:

Had 1350 coins from not spending any ever and got Wii Fit U and I'm trying to decide between Kid Icarus Uprising or NES Remix + Something Else or finding some way to get like 10 more coins for the jigsaw puzzle.

You can't go wrong with Kid Icarus Uprising

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Crown Face posted:

The NES Remix on Club Nintendo is the bad NES Remix, the jigsaw puzzle is only 300 pieces. The best choices right now would be Earthbound, Wonderful 101. Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kid Icarus, either of the Wario Land games, Art Style: CUBELLO, Golden Sun and Yoshi's Island. The Animal Crossing cards are very nice from what I've seen and the Club Nintendo pouches are decent for what they are. I have one of the messenger bags from earlier and to be perfectly honest, they're not very high quality. I'm currently using it to hold reusable bags for grocery shopping. hth

Oh yeah if you want coin values for any of the games I've mentioned and Club Nintendo is down, the list is here, along with the values of all the other games.

madeupfred fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Feb 7, 2015

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

The Wii mini has a pathetically easy to guess serial number system. All Wii mini serial numbers start with either WH100 or WH2001 and end with five random numbers. Since there isn't a limit to the number of systems you can register per account, you can make thousands of coins on one account for very little effort (Don't actually register dozens of Wii minis, this will get you banned, you're safe if you register three or fewer.)

Another easy way to get coins is to go to GameStop and pull the registration codes out of used games. They are free, just go over there and take them.

If a code that you got out of a GameStop game case doesn't work, try using the code's sister by replacing the last character with its corresponding sister digit

A=B
C=D
E=F
G=H
J=2
K=L
M=N
P=Q
R=S
T=U
V=W
X=Y
Z=9
7=8
6=5
4=3

453-WVSX-D8LN-DJ7 is a code for Fire Emblem Awakening that I have already registered. Using the Sister Digit system, I can create another Fire Emblem Awakening code, 453-WVSX-D8LN-DJ8. The problem with sister codes is that they are also used in Club Nintendo inserts and may have already been registered.

There are a handful of games on the eShop that are free and give you coins just for downloading them or filling out a Post Play Survey. They are as follows

3DS:
Rusty's Real Deal Baseball: 5 coins + 10 for Post Play Survey
Steel Diver Subwars: 5 coins + 10 for Post Play Survey
Pokemon Bank: 5 coins + 10 for Post Play Survey
Jet Rocket II Demo: 10 Coins + 0 for Post Play Survey

Wii U:
Zen Pinball 2: 5 coins + 10 for Post Play Survey
Lucadian Chronicles: 0 coins + 10 for Post Play Survey

hth

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

madeupfred posted:

The NES Remix on Club Nintendo is the bad NES Remix, the jigsaw puzzle is only 300 pieces. The best choices right now would be Earthbound, Wonderful 101. Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kid Icarus, Sakura Samurai, either of the Wario Land games, Art Style: CUBELLO, Golden Sun and Yoshi's Island. The Animal Crossing cards are very nice from what I've seen and the Club Nintendo pouches are decent for what they are. I have one of the messenger bags from earlier and to be perfectly honest, they're not very high quality. I'm currently using it to hold reusable bags for grocery shopping. hth

Oh yeah if you want coin values for any of the games I've mentioned and Club Nintendo is down, the list is here, along with the values of all the other games.

NES Remix 1 is epic other than 2 or 3 of the games on it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

madeupfred posted:

The Wii mini has a pathetically easy to guess serial number system. All Wii mini serial numbers start with either WH100 or WH2001 and end with five random numbers. Since there isn't a limit to the number of systems you can register per account, you can make thousands of coins on one account for very little effort (Don't actually register dozens of Wii minis, this will get you banned, you're safe if you register three or fewer.)

Another easy way to get coins is to go to GameStop and pull the registration codes out of used games. They are free, just go over there and take them.

If a code that you got out of a GameStop game case doesn't work, try using the code's sister by replacing the last character with its corresponding sister digit

A=B
C=D
E=F
G=H
J=2
K=L
M=N
P=Q
R=S
T=U
V=W
X=Y
Z=9
7=8
6=5
4=3

453-WVSX-D8LN-DJ7 is a code for Fire Emblem Awakening that I have already registered. Using the Sister Digit system, I can create another Fire Emblem Awakening code, 453-WVSX-D8LN-DJ8. The problem with sister codes is that they are also used in Club Nintendo inserts and may have already been registered.

There are a handful of games on the eShop that are free and give you coins just for downloading them or filling out a Post Play Survey. They are as follows

3DS:

Wii U:

hth

what the gently caress

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

drat that's like 80 free coins right there... I might be able to scrape up enough to get to 1200 coins then, that would let me get Donkey Kong and Wonderful 101.

Crown Face
Sep 24, 2008

madeupfred posted:

A=B
C=D
E=F
G=H
J=2
K=L
M=N
P=Q
R=S
T=U
V=W
X=Y
Z=9
7=8
6=5
4=3

3DS:

Wii U:

hth

Good lifehack thank you.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

madeupfred posted:

A=B
C=D
E=F
G=H
J=2
K=L
M=N
P=Q
R=S
T=U
V=W
X=Y
Z=9
7=8
6=5
4=3

lol what a dickhead

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
im hanging my god drat head in shame by proxy

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

madeupfred posted:

A=B
C=D
E=F
G=H
J=2
K=L
M=N
P=Q
R=S
T=U
V=W
X=Y
Z=9
7=8
6=5
4=3

3DS:

Wii U:

hth

Uh...unironically: Mods?

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

madeupfred posted:

A=B
C=D
E=F
G=H
J=2
K=L
M=N
P=Q
R=S
T=U
V=W
X=Y
Z=9
7=8
6=5
4=3

3DS:

Wii U:

hth

:eyepop: holy thank you

Jawtramp
Nov 27, 2010

by XyloJW
I wish the website wasn't so God damned slow.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

madeupfred posted:

A=B
C=D
E=F
G=H
J=2
K=L
M=N
P=Q
R=S
T=U
V=W
X=Y
Z=9
7=8
6=5
4=3

3DS:

Wii U:

hth

Haha you'd have to be a serious rear end in a top hat to put that much effort into scamming some free poo poo from a rewards program. Jesus Christ

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
The Emulation Game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

madeupfred posted:

A=B
C=D
E=F
G=H
J=2
K=L
M=N
P=Q
R=S
T=U
V=W
X=Y
Z=9
7=8
6=5
4=3

3DS:

Wii U:

hth

This sick freak needs to be hit with a sixer ASAP.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

you guys should probably stop quoting his post

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Dexters Secret posted:

there's a huge fuckin' list but things that stick out: Wonderful 101 for 600 coins, NES Remix for 300 coins (goes well with the Remix 2 sale that was had recently), Kid Icarus Uprising for 700 coins, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D for 600 coins, New Super Mario Bros 2 for 600 coins, and Star Fox 64 3D for 700 coins.

also there's some physical rewards while they last but none of em really impressed me.

Sorry!

Club Nintendo is currently unavailable due to site maintenance.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

Remember to hang on to your product registration codes and make a note of your serial numbers - we'll be back soon so you can register your products.

Please note, it is not necessary to register your hardware to begin your warranty. This is done automatically at the retailer when you purchase your product. However, please check back to register your products for Club Nintendo benefits, including hardware warranty extensions.

Forum users please note, the Tech Support Forums will be in read-only mode during this time. All existing Forum topics, posts, and replies will remain available for those looking for technical assistance with Nintendo products. No new threads or messages can be created until Club Nintendo is back up.

Please try back later.

Until then visit us at Nintendo.com

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

To be fair, I have 410 coins right now and I desperately need 600 to get Wonderful 101

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Hoodrich posted:

Sorry!

Club Nintendo is currently unavailable due to site maintenance.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

Remember to hang on to your product registration codes and make a note of your serial numbers - we'll be back soon so you can register your products.

Please note, it is not necessary to register your hardware to begin your warranty. This is done automatically at the retailer when you purchase your product. However, please check back to register your products for Club Nintendo benefits, including hardware warranty extensions.

Forum users please note, the Tech Support Forums will be in read-only mode during this time. All existing Forum topics, posts, and replies will remain available for those looking for technical assistance with Nintendo products. No new threads or messages can be created until Club Nintendo is back up.

Please try back later.

Until then visit us at Nintendo.com

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my brother just nabbed a luigi+link+pikmin poster set. "reward order will ship in 2-5 months" :wtc:

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
im trying to order the t shirt butthe site isnt working

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Yeah the site is crashing and you need to constantly reload

I was able to order the Messanger bag and Earthbound eventually.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I was sitting on a ton of codes to hit Platinum every year but since this happened I registered like 2100+ worth of codes. I own a lot of the good digital stuff on the Wii U and Wii already so I got the second Smash Bros. poster set because the Duck Hunt poster is gonna be cool. Also getting some 3DS eShop games. Thanks Nintendo.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

mario's looking pissed

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
So, I never knew that the CN servers couldn't hold more than 2 people at a time, until yesterday and today.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Ok so clearing out my unused Nintendo codes gave me an extra 500+ coins.

Dunno what to get. The Postplay surveys will give me 700 coins but I'm not sure if I want any of the posters since I've got the cleaned up versions of all the Nintendo power posters in pDF format that can be printed up(and I've yet to ever do so).

I got Earthbound and the Zelda Amiibo carrier bag from entering the codes yesterday. And all the other games they're listing I already have in physical format or the games are bad.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm thinking either Game And Wario, a couple VC games, or Wii Fit U.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I have to thank my ex for giving me 200+ coins worth of codes. It gave me exactly 800 coins and I just redeemed my MM handbag.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Theres no club nintendo here. I regged for the uk one. Can i use that. I have 500 coins.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Nm i have stars not coins... I can get wii points i gues if nothing else.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Nothing for pal regions. gently caress this. I hope the thing they replace club nintendo with isn't as racist.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

Nm i have stars not coins... I can get wii points i gues if nothing else.

WTF? Europe is a seriously hosed up world.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

WTF? Europe is a seriously hosed up world.

Norway doesnt even get anything. If you play mario 64 in norway you run around collecting nothing

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Ragg posted:

Norway doesnt even get anything. If you play mario 64 in norway you run around collecting nothing

you just said you have stars

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well if it makes you feel any better it took them 6 hours to send me my code for the thing I redeemed and when they finally did it the email was in French.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

hearing about these club nintendo rewards problems makes me want to club nintendo rewards (with a bat)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

when do the platinum awards come out

• Locked thread