Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soral
May 30, 2009

epitasis posted:

when do the platinum awards come out

between april 1 and april 31

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

it's a free game again like last year...

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Soral posted:

it's a free game again like last year...

I'm hoping for a higher quality selection of games; DKCR was a terrible game.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Slur posted:

Shoot yourself

Soral
May 30, 2009

Slur posted:

excuse me bitch

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

I was able to finally login and grab Super Mario 3d Land. Thanks Nintendo.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i have 250 coins and i already own earthbound on the vc. what should i get. i'm paralyzed with indecision

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

elf help book posted:

you just said you have stars

It's the UK version.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Soral posted:

i have 250 coins and i already own earthbound on the vc. what should i get. i'm paralyzed with indecision

When it comes to Nintendo's extensive catalog you can't go wrong.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Nintendo means "Leave Luck to Heaven" which is also my personal philosophy.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Famous TV Dad posted:

Nintendo means "Leave Luck to Heaven" which is also my personal philosophy.

I'd rather take on luck myself and turn that luck into resolve, rather than let some divinities mess with my life.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Soral posted:

Everybody should have Super Metroid in their video games library.

Trying to get a god damned download code and it keeps not loading and/or logging me out. Luckily all the video games I bought to earn these coins have taught me the virtue of persistence.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Heads up, imps: it looks like the server is a bit more responsive now.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
drat I'm 30 coins away from platinum. Thoughts?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

African AIDS cum posted:

Buy a 30 coin game. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is one, I heard.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Slur posted:

Buy a 30 coin game. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is one, I heard.

I cant get on the e-store cause it would make me update my 3ds :xd:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

African AIDS cum posted:

I cant get on the e-store cause it would make me update my 3ds :xd:

so update your 3ds!

Crown Face
Sep 24, 2008
I ended up with Wii Fit U and Kid Icarus Uprising, two great games for great systems, obtained through a fairly mediocre rewards program.

It gave me just enough coins to hit plat, too.

Looking forward to Nintendo's new tertiary marketing scheme.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

some of the free to download poo poo like pokemon bank and rusty's baseball give surveys if you're a little short on coins

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

Buy a wii u

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
I have 935 coins and already made platinum for this year. What should I get for my 3DS?

Super Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Donkey Kong Country Returns (missing Platinum last year by 50-ish coins, really kicking myself for not getting it, or else I would already have this one for free)

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
With my coins, I got Mario vs Donkey Kong: Minis March On, Sakura Samurai and HarmoKnight. Minis March On is a wonderful game, the other two were complete poo poo, not worth downloading at all.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Crown Face posted:

Looking forward to Nintendo's new tertiary marketing scheme.

I am too, apparently they got the Memo that America likes Nintendo stuff way more than Japan.

The Wii-U is still struggling but it's doing much better in America than it is anywhere else in the world.

Expect to be showered with gifts for just living in the western hemisphere.

I just hope that the Microsoft selling off the Xbox Division rumors are true so Nintendo can nab up the rights to Banjo Kazooie and Perfect Dark.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
tfw you are 20 points short of platinum

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
picked up yoshi's island and the fierce deity jigsaw puzzle

got this. i might have like 30 coins in post play surveys but it tetra rhythm doesn't have a code i'm hosed unless i wanna buy treasure tracker

:(

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Earthbound keeps running out of codes and they keep needing to put it back up with new codes.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i got a project registration survey for mario galaxy 2, but not for punch-out or metroid prime trilogy. the gently caress?

do i have to play them more or something?

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 7, 2015

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
cool, finally picked up NES Remix and Star Fox 64 for the 3DS. I hope they still do something for people who hit Gold/Platinum in 2015

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
nes remix 1 was really good. except for ice climbers and balloon fighter challenges.

is nes remix 2 any good?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

hubris.height posted:

nes remix 1 was really good. except for ice climbers and balloon fighter challenges.

is nes remix 2 any good?

Ice Climber and Clu Clu Land are actually the bad ones. Balloon Fight is alright. Legend of Zelda I won't say is bad but, maybe it's my Dpad but moving around is kind of hosed up in it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

Ice Climber and Clu Clu Land are actually the bad ones. Balloon Fight is alright. Legend of Zelda I won't say is bad but, maybe it's my Dpad but moving around is kind of hosed up in it.

i dont think zelda is a good fit for the tiny timed challenges format of the game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im buying the new 3DS and MH, hopefully that will take me into plat territory and i can get some posters and stuff. i've already owned/emulated all the digital stuff they offer

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
It's rumored that when the new rewards program goes up they will want to see pictures of your entire Nintendo collection. Big time Nintendo collectors shall be aptly rewarded for their 30+ years of purchasing dedication supposedly.

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!

Bobnumerotres posted:

im buying the new 3DS and MH, hopefully that will take me into plat territory and i can get some posters and stuff. i've already owned/emulated all the digital stuff they offer

I thought you no longer obtained coins for anything released on 1/20 or later, or was that just digital stuff?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

_Endgame_ posted:

I thought you no longer obtained coins for anything released on 1/20 or later, or was that just digital stuff?

quote:

1/20/2015Products released after this date are not eligible for registration with Club Nintendo

gently caress me :(

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's rumored that when the new rewards program goes up they will want to see pictures of your entire Nintendo collection. Big time Nintendo collectors shall be aptly rewarded for their 30+ years of purchasing dedication supposedly.

? is there a new rewards program? thought they were done with rewards period

also the tetra had 40 coins and I should have the last 25 coins I need for Plat in post play surveys

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
otherwise it's time to use my 13 dollar e shop credit on something worth 20 coins

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

hubris.height posted:

There will always be poo poo to buy, this is America.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hubris.height posted:

also the tetra had 40 coins and I should have the last 25 coins I need for Plat in post play surveys

dont respond to taint

they've already said there's a new rewards program coming but no one has any idea what it's going to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

dont respond to taint

they've already said there's a new rewards program coming but no one has any idea what it's going to be

treap just wants to justify his purchase of 60 copies of "Cory in the House" for nintendo DS with wishful thinking

• Locked thread