Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Plus there are no bad carrier ports.

Excuse-fuckin'-me?
Did you not see my post last month?

Stultus Maximus posted:

And even at sea you get to set 6 "working hours" per day.

I never really got this. When I was a YN, I still did a full 12 hour shift. None of this "working hours" bullshit I hear from basically everyone else. I would routinely do 2-4 more (including a few 18 hour days due to emergency leave conditions as the travel YN) if I had the desk available in order to scan or process paperwork due to selective web tier hours and having to transmit documents to TOPS. I think the office tried once to close personnel hours from like 1400-1600 to lower interruptions at the end-of-month crunch for evaluations but I never turned anyone away.

Four years of that and I received a FLOC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Returned with Honor.

Sir Lucius posted:

I'm a nerd, see if you can guess why this amuses me.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Returned with Honor.

Howard Phillips posted:

Lol. Fuckers who were "all stars" but never trained others or improved the organization are just as worthless as the dirt bags. If you're that selfish why join to serve. Go make your mark on wall street or sales or some poo poo.

On the other hand, I once cross-trained everyone to do my job 5 months before PCS and they sent me TAD to Supply for 3 months because now they didn't need me.
As soon as I returned it was time for checkout.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Returned with Honor.

Fart Sandwiches posted:

What's the problem with having a dog in a gov vehicle? Meowlins come to my rescue with your encyclopedic instruction skills!

official use only for official doges only.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Returned with Honor.

LingcodKilla posted:

Just got called on to duty to drive from 2200 to 0200. Thankfully class starts at 0600 and we just got some reserve admiral visiting my class so it's not like I have to be fresh eyed and bushy tailed.

Supposedly my class got picked for a visit because we have two reservists and its a reserve admiral.

I hope he doesn't notice the room is 85. They moved out the fan for his visit. Perhaps they will fix the AC instead?

Reserve Admiral in my class *right now* in CID corry. Please tell me you're not a CTN student.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Returned with Honor.

Thank God. The worst feeling would be having a GIPer as a student that I'm actively teaching and for us to both realize it.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Returned with Honor.
Wait a week before payday and buy one from a dumb boot gently caress who needs cash to make their car payment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Returned with Honor.

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Lol should have gotten a room at the hotel that has boomerZzz (or buddyzzzz wtf). You could have caught crabs from the bed and gotten shot or stabbed at the bar.

Why did you have to get a room with your pal? Liberty buddy poo poo? Did you offer a Devils three way?

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34550-d85590-Reviews-Quality_Inn_N_A_S_Corry-Pensacola_Florida.html

quote:

It's in a really bad area. We felt unsafe and paranoid. It's surrounded by ghetto-extended-stay motels. I actually put my suitcase against the door after I used the bolt-lock. There was a shirtless, homeless man walking through the parking lot, cat-calling a lady on the balcony. Behind the front desk is a monitor for 16 different cameras on the property. The carpeted floors are old and dingy. We didn't use the shower. I didn't sleep at all.

quote:

Booked through a third party. Got in very late and was disgusted and felt cheated at the price I paid for such a trashy hotel. Disgusting room, didn't even have standard pillows and the place seemed like a brothel, to be honest. NOT FAMILY FRIENDLY!!!!

http://www.expedia.com/Pensacola-Ho...CFRRhfgodSTEADA

quote:

The hotel is right next to a bar. Some of the patrons parked in hotel parking spots (outside of our window) and would come out of the bar being loud and obnoxious every morning around 2 or 3 am. The neighborhood is a little scary and the room wasn't very clean. My son called down to get more towels for the room and was told to come and get them at the front desk himself, when he went down he was told they didn't have anymore clean towels. Not a great stay. Wouldn't recommend it.

quote:

Even though I had prepaid fro the hotel for 4 night I packed up and departed without checking out. I spent over 120 nights per year in hotels and this is by far the worse service I have received any where in the world. It seems it is more of a place that wold like to rent by the hour for quick hook ups.

• Locked thread