Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akula Raskolnikova
May 12, 2013

UoI posted:

The only job I really knew of was Corpsman and I decided not to do that, so I had no idea what kind of job to go for. When I read what ABE does it seemed really interesting, so I went for it instead of waiting for something else and losing that. :smith:

It's maybe for the best that you don't go Corpsman. All through A-school they'll tell you that the better you do, the more likely you are to get orders you want, and then they'll randomly assign 75% of your class to C-schools that no one asked for, and you'll get stuck at Fort Sam Houston for an extra year to be a medical laboratory tech.

Honestly, it's not too bad so far. The biggest problem is the advancement. On last Septembers exam, I scored in the 92nd percentile of candidates that took the exam, but the command refuses to score higher than a non-observed on evals, so I missed advancement by a shitload. And they just submitted another non-observed, and they'll submit another later this year before I'm out of the program. So on my third year in the Navy, I'll be an E-4. And when I brought it up to the CMC, she said, "Well, we don't really do that. But maybe we can look into it for next year." So, you know. If you decide to be a Corpsman, suck whatever dick you have to to not get a C-school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akula Raskolnikova
May 12, 2013
This is kind of a shot in the dark, but does anyone know of somewhere in the Hampton Roads area with a machine shop that might let someone use it for a few hours?

Akula Raskolnikova
May 12, 2013
I'm definitely not essential. My three day turned into a five day, and it is glorious.

Akula Raskolnikova
May 12, 2013
Today my first class told me to leave work to go to PT. I walked across base, just to get a text from the same first class as soon as I had changed that PT was cancelled. I'd normally take it as a good omen, but I fell on the ice during the walk. I really miss my five day weekend.

Akula Raskolnikova
May 12, 2013

Howard Phillips posted:

Does the NEX carry the new Nintendo 3DS XL?

The one at Oceana NAS had a few a couple of weeks ago. I bought pokemans there and they had some themed ones.

Akula Raskolnikova
May 12, 2013
There is a palpable tension in the room as I check my phone for the third time this minute, hoping the inch of snow we just got is enough to keep me home tomorrow, or at least give me an extra two hours of sleep. So far, only disappointment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akula Raskolnikova
May 12, 2013
Unfortunately, I had to come in today. But they're calling for ~8 inches tonight, so hope remains for a 4 day weekend. My Navy is the best Navy.

• Locked thread