Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Howard Phillips posted:

Shift work sucks. I'm living outside of normal human existence. Plus Goose Creek. Nuff said.

Shoulda gone to marf, provided you're a nuke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

pathetic gbs homo posted:

Long time no see bros. So currently, my EAOS is December of this year and my plan is to use my GI bill and start school the fall of 2016, which leaves me with about an eight month gap in between...last night I was on watch discussing my plan with a surprisingly level headed chief who floated the idea of extending my contract for six months (which would put my EAOS at the mid-point of the ship's next deployment).

It would undeniably be crazy amounts of money up until I started school again and honestly I'm a little nervous about employment prospects once I get out (currently stationed in San Diego). Obviously I wouldn't find anything right off the bat that would pay as well as E-4 with 4 years' sea pay, but I'm also conflicted about the idea of literally putting a price on my 'freedom' and another six months of doing a job I'm completely sick of. I've heard of people doing similar things and collecting unemployment in that gap, who also stress that I'll want the downtime to readjust to non-Navy living.

This is a tough one for me. What do you guys think I should do?

You qualify for unemployment for this exact situation, and like ket said you can also take some courses in the summer to ease into school while also collecting bah. Extending into a deployment for no reason might be one of the dumbest suggestions I've heard here. Are you married or something?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Pandasmores posted:

Wait so there's a part of the Navy that runs on actual work, not volunteer hours and classes from University of Phoenix?

Nope.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Howard Phillips posted:

Do people actually use the beds of the trucks they buy?

I've been stowing snow in mine recent
ly.

Sir Lucius posted:

When I get my raptor I was thinking about getting one of those tool storage cases that go in the bed to use as a trunk.

I'm thinking about getting an older 4x4 and a bed shell to camp in for kayaking / hiking / snowboarding. My current pos 01 Silverado doesn't do very well on icy Colorado roads

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Feb 24, 2015

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Akula Raskolnikova posted:

There is a palpable tension in the room as I check my phone for the third time this minute, hoping the inch of snow we just got is enough to keep me home tomorrow, or at least give me an extra two hours of sleep. So far, only disappointment.

Commie Pig

• Locked thread