Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Travel Method -> Commercial Space

Method not IAW JFTR, claim denied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

At least he's not going to be an AO.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Boon posted:

For anyone in the know, if I'm travelling to San Diego for a conference I must (shall for you doctrine goons) stay at the Navy lodge if there is availability, correct? I mean, ideally I'd like to stay in the Gaslamp, but I thought that AD requires you to use base options if available...

Not the Navy Lodge, the Navy Gateway Inn and Suites. There's like 5 of them in the area, but I'm not sure if you have to try all of them before you get a CNA or not.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

People got all butthurt about the LCS discussion but BAS/wardroom chat is a-ok lol.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Chief (and E-8/E-9) boards are poo poo shows that are governed by a mix of promotion requirements from PERS and board precepts from MCPON based on what he wants "his mess" to look like at any given time. It literally changes from year to year and especially from MCPON to MCPON.

About the only consistent advice that can be given is, "EPs are good". Anyone who purports to have the "gouge" on CPO boards is either an idiot or lying.

I had a sit down with a Force Master Chief a few weeks ago with some other PCO's and we spent quite a while bitching about it to him because it makes writing evals for them a pain in the rear end. He just shrugged and said, "we're trying to get better."

I stick with advice I gave a few threads back. The best way to break out is to do high quality, in rate, work and make sure your primary ranker knows it. The idea that you need 100 collaterals is a myth perpetuated by people who have never been involved in the eval process.

ManMythLegend fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Feb 16, 2015

• Locked thread