Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
For anyone in the know, if I'm travelling to San Diego for a conference I must (shall for you doctrine goons) stay at the Navy lodge if there is availability, correct? I mean, ideally I'd like to stay in the Gaslamp, but I thought that AD requires you to use base options if available...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

PneumonicBook posted:

So everyone says to not sell back your leave, which I agree with...but what if you just worked until your eaos and then sell it back? Doesn't that make more sense since youre making more money that way? Assuming you don't ahve a job you'd be working at during terminal of course.

Yes.

It just depends on your situation. I'm doing something similar - my resignation is set for January - no hard date. So I'll set the date for the 31st and take terminal from that point, covering all of January. The job I have now is pretty flexible and pretty sweet, so I'll likely work until whenver we start doing stand-downs in December. Everything over those 31 days I'm taking is going to be sold back for extra cash.

It's just the pro-rated base pay, but if you don't need the terminal time for personal reasons (moving, job hunting, etc...) then it's stupid to not take that extra cash.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

vulturesrow posted:

Also, crew rest is a"should" not a "shall"according to 3710. :science:

The SWO in me just instantly used that as a concession/justification for less sleep.

The human in me hates the SWO in me.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Applewhite posted:

I certainly did.
Then I found out they don't do the WWII Khaki jacket anymore. I was super excited for that period in 2010 or so when they looked like they were gonna bring it back but it looks like that fell through :(

You and Mullen both.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Pandasmores posted:

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hope the Navy got you something nice.

I was presented the gift of knowledge of some of my old friends. 3 separated after Mast, 4 getting out with their early outs, and 1 that's getting admin sep'd and is trying to fight it. One of the dudes that got kicked out for pot 3 years back got a job with a fire department in northern Cali after apparently hitchhiking with hippies for 3 years in Alaska fixing up camp spots and poo poo. His life has been one massive fun adventure since getting the boot.

18 hour watch has me reflecting on all this.

I know you think you're too smart for this poo poo, but you're possibly the most naive individual in GiP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Yes it makes sense to keep contributing until you can't.

I use Vanguard, the ratios are only beaten by TSP.

• Locked thread