Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you sure you wish to reset YOSPOS?
[Y]es
[N]o
View Results

• Locked thread
cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

thanks, op

e: a shameful etc etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
can i get a sticky pls? who do i even ask now that rotor is on paid leave?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
ban everyone who ever posted in cjs or the cats thread

a perfectly calibrated reset for yospos

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

black man 3 posted:

It suits me too, especially since I think the gay boy who was gassing the funniest threads has cooled on his autism recently.

yeah whats wit h that poo poo anywa

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

voted n cause I'm a fan of the underdog

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

:gas:

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
i just went into shsc for the first time in years and its wall to wall megathreads wtf

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Kirk posted:

i just went into shsc for the first time in years and its wall to wall megathreads wtf

its super bad and super worthless unless you are some poor loving CJ tasked with picking a router for your boss' new baby monitor but he only wants you to spend $35

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

what about iyg

pram
Jun 10, 2001
shsc is really bad idk if alereon or parrot guy had a fat hand in it or w/e who cares

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
remember when megathreads were straight up banned because the forums would break if they got longer than a certain number of pages lol

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Serious Hardware / Software Crap › Should I buy a $100 mouse?

140 pages lmbo

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i just spent 70 on a tragic macpad cuz my super old one started to get ghosts and phantom clicking all the time

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
now, the cjs thread, that's a whole different beast becau

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

save the cat thread

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Kirk posted:

now, the cjs thread, that's a whole different beast becau

oh oh you see he pulled out the microscope and then turned it upon ourselves , a true masterstroke

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
megathreads defeat the purpose of threading

you get six different topics all interwoven with no way to figure out what's going on. it's like reading all your email concatenated together at random

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

delete yospos and replace with irc chat rooms

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

oh oh you see he pulled out the microscope and then turned it upon ourselves , a true masterstroke

judge not lest ye be judged :boom:

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

He pulled out the microscope to laugh at your tiny dick, but still couldn't find it

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

a good megathread puts all the info in the OP so the OP just keeps it updated so you dont have to do any work to get some answeers

pram
Jun 10, 2001
then the cat thread should just be a single post with a million cat pics imo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Kirk posted:

judge not lest ye be judged :boom:

loving CHRIST we just got slammed folks.....the curtain has been ripped back. all it took was one bipolar canadian, a bible quote and the GBS emote of the week

I...i'm done

i can't post here any more.

We're all living a lie

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

a good megathread puts all the info in the OP so the OP just keeps it updated so you dont have to do any work to get some answeers

the gpu megathread was started in 2008 and this is still in the op

quote:

Fastest single-GPU, single-card:
GeForce GTX 680 (stock), AMD Radeon 7970 (overclocked matches 680’s overclocked performance). (note: the GTX 670 nips right on the heels of the 680 for much less cash, but technically it is slower)

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

loving CHRIST we just got slammed folks.....the curtain has been ripped back. all it took was one bipolar canadian, a bible quote and the GBS emote of the week

I...i'm done

i can't post here any more.

We're all living a lie

whats it like getting owned constantly all day every day on the something awful forums

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
gently caress

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Kirk posted:

the gpu megathread was started in 2008 and this is still in the op

proof that nobody actually reads the megathreads

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

pram posted:

then the cat thread should just be a single post with a million cat pics imo

queue chome users whining like little babies because their fail browser cant handle posts with content apparently , see every time a gif bigger than 10kb is posted and they all show themselves crying about it

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

forums are a failed paradigm

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

yard salad posted:

forums are a failed paradigm

i remember the first forum I saw it was like 1995 and it was just a html page with a textfield and a submit box

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
the first forum i posted on regularly was done in mivascript

quote:

Miva Script is the server side scripting language of the Miva Merchant shopping cart, but it's uses go much further. It is especially well suited for web development having built in support for MySQL, MivaSQL and xBase3 databases.

it wasnt even an online store

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

who's going to host the yospos discourse

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

in 1995 i was bbs posting and internet was something magical and unobtainable

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol i have never heard of this

quote:

Empresa 5 can be installed on any of the following servers:

Windows NT/2000/XP
Windows Server 2003
Linux (running glibc2)
Supports Freebsd 6 and 7, on Intel platforms
:shepface:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

is it reset yet

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
no matter the outcome i am glad we at least agree on threads being bad for chatting, in addition to smothering fresh new content on pg. 1

the cat thread is different though. move it to PI because thats where the people post who think pets are a subject that should be discussed everyday. gassing it will just make it come back.

security thread, microsoft thread etc can go to SH/SC, they love unfunny repetitive catchprase threads there and we got too much of those

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
the other option is make me yospos ik for a week and i will gas them all

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

yard salad posted:

forums are online discussion is a failed paradigm

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Kirk posted:

remember when megathreads were straight up banned because the forums would break if they got longer than a certain number of pages lol

lol yeah i remember this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
also holy jesus you guys aren't kiddin'

there's all of five threads on the SH/SC front page that have less than one thousand replies

• Locked thread